We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thendele and Drakensberg

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
341 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Thendele and Drakensberg

I've been looking at posts with regard to self drives in Drakensberg and wondering about including a stay at Thendele. I can't find anything definitive about hiring a sedan, rather than a 4 by 4, and just seeking reassurance that for normal driving and avoiding the passes that is ok. We would want to see the park and get a feel for the area, and be able to do short hikes to enjoy the amazing scenery. Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Re: Thendele and Drakensberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 07:35
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thendele and Drakensberg

You won't need a 4x4 to get to Thendele.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
341 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thendele and Drakensberg

Thanks Aunty. I thought you didn't but not knowing the area wanted to be sure

4. Re: Thendele and Drakensberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15