We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Cape Town

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
41 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Cape Town

Hi there,

What is the best locality to book hotels in Cape Town? Please tell me the one which is near to all places where tourists like to travel.

Please also let me know the attractions and things to do in and around Cape Town. I know that I can get this information easily from google but I am looking for personal experiences. So, please reply :).

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Cape Town
Level Contributor
63 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Cape Town

There are such a lot of options that I simply cannot name them all. Depending on your budget, the best places to stay will be at or around the V&A Waterfront. Check out the hotel options with map viewer on TA.

There are lots of restaurants and things to do in this area. The City Sightseeing Bus (HO HO) office is also here from where you can explore the city. Cape Town's public bus transport system also has good connections through here (www.myciti.org.za) to get around to tourist spots like, for example, Sea Point, Clifton beaches, Camps Bay, Hout Bay etc.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Hout Bay
Hout Bay
2,779 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Cape Town

That's the thing, the attractions are spread out so no matter where you stay you are never near to all of them.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Cape Town

It's well worth looking at guest houses as well as hotels. They are the hidden gem of S Africa

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Cape Town

Have a look at www.booking.com and www.agoda.com for some good hotel deals.

Hotels to have a look at in the City:

Inn on the Square Hotel, Mandela Rhodes Place, The Taj Hotel, Grand Daddy Hotel, The Strand Towers Hotel, Hollow on the Square Hotel and also The Westin Hotel.

Hotels close to the Waterfront that you can have a look at:

The Commodore Hotel, The Portswood Hotel, The Table Bay Hotel, Cape Grace Hotel, The Victoria & Alfred Hotel, Queen Victiria Hotel, Cape Royale Hotel, Raddison Blu Hotel and also Dock House Hotel.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Mentioned in this post
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Mandela Rhodes Place...
1,111 Reviews
Taj Cape Town
Taj Cape Town
1,924 Reviews
Grand Daddy Hotel
Grand Daddy Hotel
393 Reviews
Strand
Strand
Cape Town, South Africa
The Waterfront Hotel and Spa
The Waterfront Hotel and...
270 Reviews
Durban, South Africa
The Commodore
The Commodore
1,434 Reviews
The PortsWood
The PortsWood
822 Reviews
The Table Bay Hotel
The Table Bay Hotel
2,522 Reviews
Cape Grace
Cape Grace
2,206 Reviews
5. Re: Hotels in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:15