We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in cape town and on garden route`

england
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in cape town and on garden route`

I am planning a holiday with my husband in feb 2007 but have a few questions. where is it best to stay in cape town? v&A Waterfront seems good but hotels are very expensive. some hotels described as at entrance to Waterfront eg Holiday Inn, actually seem to be a 15 min walk which we don't mind but is it feasible/safe? I am a full time wheelchair user so hotel courtesy buses are not an option. we will have a car but like to be able to walk at night and have a drink (or 2!).

Our provisional route is Cape Town x 4 nights, winelands x 2 nights, oudshorn/calitzdorp x 1 night, knysna x 3 nights (poss), kerbooms river x 1 or 2 nights and poss Addo Elephant Park x 2 nights - any comments/views? Have considered Wilderness and Plettenburg Bay but thought Knysna Quays might be more accessible/central. Like idea of looking at a beautiful beach but no good if its not accessible. Love scenery, independence, good food and a drink or two. Any suggestions/views etc much appreciated from everyone but especially other wheelchair travellers with experience of area.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Addo Elephant National Park
Addo Elephant National...
Greater Addo, South Africa
Wilderness
Wilderness
Knysna
Knysna
South Africa
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in cape town and on garden route`

Hi,

I ususally recommend that tourists use a accommodation directory like find-capetown-accommodation.com - it makes finding wheel chair accommodation easier

2. Re: where to stay in cape town and on garden route`

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 06:26