We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bungalow beachfront

Nyack, New York
7 posts
Save Topic
bungalow beachfront

Dear Friends,

im going this summer for 1 month. my basic purpose is to read and write. i am a student for philosophy and i need this time with my books. im i want to have some quite, nice place beside the sea with some simple bungalow. not a fancy hotel. just simple, clean place with not so many people. i dont look for parties or anything like that. vice-versa.

Thanks A lot,

Shilo

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bungalow beachfront

you may need to be more specific.

Are you going in SA summer or USA summer?

Do you have an area in mind? SA is a large country, the Indian Ocean Coast will be warmer in a SA winter than around Cape Town for example.

As in anywhere in the world ,accommodation on a beachfront rarely comes cheap.

Nyack, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bungalow beachfront

Thanks for the quick reply. I will go to SA at August for 2 month. I Do aware that the price at the beachfront may be more expansive. That why, among other things, I prefer a simple place. Cold water shower, public shower, no electricity during the day etc. Is just fine.

I dont have a specific place un mind as my only important need is the beach, quite, simple and prefer to have a ' normal' sea so I can swim in the mornings.

Thanks, shilo

Thanks again and looking forward to hear from you soon.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bungalow beachfront

The seas around the Cape are FREEZING , even the height of summer.

The warmer Indian Ocean would be better, but I'm not familiar with that area.

Don't forget that SA has huge security issues so take care when choosing areas off the beaten track .

You may have a better response by posting on Lonely Planet Thorntree which is more geared up for the young and adventurous.

I did come across this place during research for one of my trips, , but my back packing days are well and truly passed.http://www.coffeeshack.co.za/

there is a company call Bazbus which provides a long distance bus service for backpackers , they also drop you off at a range of hostels . You may find the kind of place you are looking for on their website http://www.bazbus.com/region.aspx

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bungalow beachfront

Hey! Take a look at a place called Sodwana - Super laid back, relaxed, diving and swimming hot spot. Great for backpacking and taking it easy - do be sure to check out a pub called The Drunken Tree - They do the best crumbed prawns in all the land! :).

Warm regards

Jacqui

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bungalow beachfront

I'm curious as to why you have chosen SA as your destination.

Your requirements may be found nearer to home e.g. Mexico or Brazil.

If you don't mind the expense and a long journey , you may find what you are looking for on the many islands of Thailand and the mainland , and to a lesser degree Cambodia and Vietnam. The Far East has a highly developed network of transport for all budgets, you can go anywhere to anywhere very easily, unlike SA. Also almost non existent safety issues .

I'm not trying to put you off, SA is my favourite holiday destination in the world, but I have never thought of it as being ' a chill out in a simple hut on the beach' type of destination compared with some other regions of the world.

Nyack, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bungalow beachfront

Thanks a LOT!

Nyack, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bungalow beachfront

I will check it out, Thanks!

Nyack, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bungalow beachfront

gem166, regarding your question why i choose SA. i have been many times in Thailand and Far East in general. So i want to have some change in destination and also as it going to be few months i wanted a place i can from time to time travel around. and i love nature so i thought about Africa.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bungalow beachfront

There are building restrictions on building on/ close to beaches. Old places exist, but it is hard to get permission to build new places.

Maybe look at Storms River Mouth and the Garden Route in general. Maybe Cape Vidal.

Don't expect South Africa to be anywhere near as cheap as South East Asia.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 18:31
Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bungalow beachfront

For Garden Route read Garden Route National Park.