We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

Shaftesbury, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

Hi, we are considering using this company for a self-drive holiday to South Africa.

We are in touch with Mike Tompkins who I guess is the owner.

Has anyone used them and have any comments on the service etc.

I can find no independent reviews on line which concerns me a bit.

Thank you - we need to book soon!!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

Hello and I don't want to discourage booking through an agent, but, SA is a great place to self drive and easy to book independently.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Shaftesbury, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

Thanks, but I just don't have the time to do it all and coordinate everything as we will stay in about 6/7 different locations. Also will be happier getting tips and driving directions etc on this first trip. For the second trip I would attempt to do it myself)!!

I have the choice to use Cape Tours or alternatively Imagine Africa..... both seem good just I cannot find anything at all about Cape Tours on the web.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

I have also done a quick google search for Cape Tours, but nothing seems to appear for them, not even a website on our side. Their is however a domain under Cape Tours but nothing related to the company that you are describing for making use of a self drive itinerary. I which you all the best with the planning of your trip to South Africa and you are more than welcome to pop in at Tripadvisor and ask away questions about South Africa, just in case you may want to plan your trip yourself. All the best!!

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

Time is precious I appreciate that, but I would want to make time for a special first trip. Just a suggestion, put you itinerary on here and I am sure you will get plenty of help.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

When will you be going ? You will get excellent advise on this forum from people who live there, who used to live there & those that go every year.

Even if you do go with this firm post the details first before any payment is handed over.

London england
Level Contributor
229 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

We booked out holiday through Andrew at Holiday Architects and were very happy with everything they

provided. If you have a chance, would suggest you give them a call. I just found that I could talk about everything that we wanted with them. If you have any questions, please message me and will be glad to help if possible.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

Hi did you book your tour with capetours? My friend is considering this company too. Lisa

8. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 14:05
Haslemere, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

Hi Anne

We used Cape Tours last year to arrange our holiday for our 10th wedding anniversary. Mike was brilliant - he listened to what we wanted and created a tour that was both fantastic and within a very reasonable price. We found them to be far cheaper than anyone else, but the standard of hotels he organised was fabulous. We had such a great time we're going back again this year using Cape Tours for my 50th birthday treat! Everything ran smoothly and Mike's in depth knowledge of South Africa means you get someone who can offer you a tour based on personal experience. He has offered us suggestions for additional activities we can do and has been happy to answer my many questions with tolerance and humour. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I understand your concern, but please think about using him because you will not be disappointed. Let me add I'm not an employee of his in case you're wondering and neither has he paid me! I'm happy to answer any further questions you may have. Hope you have a wonderful time in South Africa and like us you fall in love with the place. We'll be going back many times I suspect.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: CAPE TOURS (based in UK, offering holidays in South Africa)

I have used the services of Mike and his colleagues at Cape Tours on many occasions and cannot fault their service. They are knowledgeable, supportive and efficient. I thoroughly recommend their services.

Keith Green (London)