We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Johannesburg to Zimbabwe

Hong Kong, China
8 posts
Save Topic
From Johannesburg to Zimbabwe

Hi,

I'll be finished my group tour in Johannesburg and planning to go to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe afterwards on private tour personally around late Sep/early Oct. What is the minimum days that I need if I mainly visit the Victoria Falls? How should I arrange the transport pls? Any local tours that I could join from Johannesburg to Zimbabwe pls? Is Sep a good season to visit South Africa pls?

Kindly advise further.

Many thanks in advance!

Ken

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: From Johannesburg to Zimbabwe

Hi Ken

I would suggest flying to Vic falls from Johannesburg as it will be quite a long drive. depending on how much time you have, a 3 day visit should be sufficient.

Hong Kong, China
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Johannesburg to Zimbabwe

Hi,

We are actually planning to take flight.

Wonder if you could introduce some local tour package travelling from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls and bring us back to Johannesburg at reasonable price. 2 or 3 days are fine for us pls. Thanks!

Ciao,

Ken

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: From Johannesburg to Zimbabwe

Hi Ken

You should be able to easily arrange a trip to Victoria falls for 3 nights departing from Johannesburg.. What budget are you working on?

Hong Kong, China
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Johannesburg to Zimbabwe

Hi,

We are planning to fly from Johannesburg to Vic Falls on Oct 4 and return to Johannesburg on Oct 6 (i.e. two nights). Understand Hong Kong SAR passport do NOT require visa to Zimbabwe but how about if we make an transfer from Livingstone in Zambia? Do we need a tourist visa for Zambia pls?

The reason why we might transfer from Zambia is the tight flight bookings around that period.

Any recommendation on the travel agents and accommodation etc at reasonable price pls?

Pls advise further for any other additional tips.

Many thanks in advance!

Ciao,

Kenneth

5. Re: From Johannesburg to Zimbabwe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15