We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of airfare to South Africa

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of airfare to South Africa

I've been trying to find an answer to this all over google. I just wanted to know if anyone knows the average price for flying from Montreal (or well I guess the East Coast in general will do) to South Africa Johannesburg in early June.

I've read that sometimes people get a good deal as low as 900 ( but extremely rare). My friend is in South Africa now she paid 3000$ for roundtrip airfare for Montreal so I'm just not sure what to expect what price ball park should I consider a good reasonable price? I am finding 1500 or so for next June roundtrip is that reasonable or should I wait to book? What's the average people have paid?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of airfare to South Africa

That is in line with what I have paid for my upcoming trip, and I think the past 2 trips. If you get a lower price than that, it would be a good deal IMHO.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of airfare to South Africa

A lot depends on what routing you also want to take. Departing from Ottawa, at times we have gone Ottawa-Washington -JNB. We have also driven to Syracuse and gone via JFK. On those routes you can do it with just one overnight flight. A lot of what goes through Ottawa or Montreal involves an overnight flight to a hub such as London or Frankfurt, a long layover and another overnight flight to JNB. I think you can do it with one overnight flight via KLM but connection times are tight, and if you want to pay for seat selection it can add significantly. Anytime we can do it with just one overnight flight, for under $2000 CDN, we tend to think that is pretty good, but it can be done a little cheaper by different routing.

3. Re: Cost of airfare to South Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:15