We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road work near Nelspruit airport?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Topic
Road work near Nelspruit airport?

Hi. I notice that a few topics refer to current roading works near Nelspruit or on the N4 near the Malelene gate. Any more details available? Potential end date? Length of delays? We are there in September and will be trying not to miss a flight....

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road work near Nelspruit airport?

Recent info has been posted on the sanparks forum about this topic, see page 3 for latest info

www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road work near Nelspruit airport?

Thanks so much for this. I will save the link as a fav and continue to check on it until we travel. Thanks again

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road work near Nelspruit airport?

Thx CTM.. I'll bookmark it, too. I came through there in February, and they were a looong way from finishing just one lane.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road work near Nelspruit airport?

You are both welcome. I had ben following that forum, until we changed plans are now flying into Skukuza airport :-).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Road work near Nelspruit airport?

Exiting via Numbi gate may be my alternative plan. it's longer in the park (we are leaving from Lukimbi to KMIA) but that's better than being stuck at a stop n go. Not worried as we have heaps of time (3pm flight) after the morning drive. As we at a private lodge, this would even give us a taste of self-drive which we aren't otherwise doing in any case. Just means we don't relax for so long that morning.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Road work near Nelspruit airport?

FYI - I read this in a KNP forum post from last month:

"The road to Numbi gate is horrible, full of potholes and lots of taxis and unroadworthy cars around".

So, be careful, you don't want to ruin your vacation - due to car undercarraige damage.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Road work near Nelspruit airport?

The R538 from Numbi Gate is a no go at the moment. They are in the process of completely re-surfacing the road until end of next year.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

8. Re: Road work near Nelspruit airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:17