We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town (3/4 days) Durban (6/7 days -scuba + safari)

Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Town (3/4 days) Durban (6/7 days -scuba + safari)

I am planning a ten day trip to South Africa in November and was hoping for a little advice on what to do and how best to do it. My main love is scuba diving; but I also want to experience as much South African "amazingness" as possible.

I will be flying in to Cape Town - I hope to spend 3 to 4 days here - maybe try paragliding off Table Mountain, go to Robben Island, try a shark cage-dive and generally just see and soak up the city.

Then I plan to fly to Durban for the remainder of my trip - from here I hope to spend most of my time diving (possibly at Aliwal Shoal mainly due to its proximity and my time constraints; although I know Protea Banks and Sodwana Bay are recommended too) and a couple of days "on safari". I suppose my questions centre around how you might recommend I do this - I am a solo female traveller; so would hiring a car be safe? There are a few companies which seem to offer safari dive trips but getting replies from the ones I've contacted so far has been impossible.

Thank you for any help!

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town (3/4 days) Durban (6/7 days -scuba + safari)

I am off to dive Aliwal on Thursday for 5 days. We are diving with Scuba Xcursion in Scottburgh. They are based at the Cutty Sark Hotel which is a good place to stay for a single traveller as you will be staying with other like minded diving people. I am hiring a car from Durban airport and driving but maybe they can collect. I can ask while I am there. It is a fab diving area so you will enjoy!

2. Re: Cape Town (3/4 days) Durban (6/7 days -scuba + safari)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 07:16