We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and Sightings in May

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and Sightings in May

Hi, I am thinking of planning a trip to the Serengeti the last week of May and the following week sitting on a beach in Zanzibar.

I am a little worried that the week I am choosing is the end of the wet season. Does this cause problems with the enjoyment of the day trips and sightings of the animals ? Extra bush etc from the rains ?

Are their any pros to this time of year ? Less people ?

Unfortunately I can't be flexible on th time I got but can perhaps switch the beach for the end of May and the Safari for the begning of June.

Also any tips on the best places to go to see the animals and places to stay would be gratefully received.

Thanks so much.

Louise

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and Sightings in May

Hello Louise,

there is a small case for switching the Safari element to June to chance better weather but it may slightly effect your chances of catching up with the migration.

Places to go and stay. too many to list here. Go to www.tatotz.com for approved, reliable Safari operators based in Tanzania. They know the country and their success is based on giving clients sound advice.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and Sightings in May

Hi

It rarely rains all day, just mornings and evenings and it does make everything fresh and keeps the dust down :-)

One of the advantages is also the lodge have low season prices for April -May so a lodge safari is a cheap as a camping safari :-)

You will see enough wildlife in May :-)

then June the beach..........

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and Sightings in May

Yes , on balance I agree with Achnab. I had not considered the cost factor.

Good luck.

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and Sightings in May

Thanks so much for the advice.

Louise

5. Re: Weather and Sightings in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 08:18