We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned

dorset
Level Contributor
179 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned

Four of us have just returned from a fabulous holiday in Tanzania and Kenya. We went with First Choice, straight out of their brochure as it was our first venture to safari and beach afterwards. Everything was excellent - flights, hotels, food, transfers and the way we were looked after.

The local guides used (Somak and Warners) couldn't be faulted. We had seen the Big 5 by Wednesday, cheetahs cross the road at our feet (or wheels rather) and were given loads of information by a fantastic guide called Livingston. He must have had eyes on stalks and in the back of his head to find some of the animals for us.

The people over there were friendly and charming, always very willing and helpful on the whole.

We phoned 'John' who took us to Diani Childrens Village to give them our gifts. He hoped to get his own car this week (for those of you following his story).

I can see why people get hooked and want to go to the country over and over again. Many thanks to all the people who patiently answered questions via TA. The only helpful thing I would say at this point is that it is useful to have small Tsh notes for tips as there are there are so many people in the hotels who do things for you - from carrying bags to seeing you safely back to your room at night (yes we did have a buffalo knocking on our window at 2am as he munched the grass above the Ngorongoro crater)

Hakuna Matata.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned

glad you had a great time ,there was a question a few days ago about First Choice safari.hope they see your post.

we leave for our trip in a little over a week ,we were wondering what the weather is like ?as you have just come back ,how are the rains/

this time last year there was a fair bit of rain ,

do i need to pack my wellies boots.

thanks rkaty

dorset
Level Contributor
179 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned

We were pleasantly surprised at how little rain we had considering that everyone had said about the small rains and even in some cases told us it was not a good time to go.

Maybe a little rain on 2 or 3 afternoons and that was it.

Lucky us!

Have a good time.

3. Re: Just returned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 17:19