We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

swihab
1 post
Save Topic
Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

I'd been emailing with them, set up an itinerary, and am trying to pay the deposit, but need a couple more items of information from them and noone's writing me back. Before I was recieving replies within 24 hours and I haven't heard anything now in two weeks. I've sent several emails in that time. Any ideas?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

I don't know if this is the case or not, but from time to time electricity is a problem in Arusha. It has been raining in Tanzania quite a lot and sometimes that causes difficulty with the network. You might try to telephone them and find out why they haven't been responding.

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

Most good companies have a generator so they can continue working when electricity goes out. And when electricity does go out, it's not for an entire day, or two weeks for that matter. And I haven't had trouble getting responses from Tanzania so I don't think the internet has been down, and certainly not for 2 weeks. So I don't think those explanations would be it.

Here's another possibility: There are certain people in East Africa who for some reason often don't receive emails that I send from my usual email addresses. Try sending your emails to them from a different email address and see if goes through. Some spam blockers or something like that occasionally totally exclude certain emails. I'm not a techie so I can't explain it better than that.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
974 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

I had problems with some companies when I tried to request information. For some reason their systems didn't recognize my e-mail as a valid address. So I set up a hotmail account and they accepted that. But in this case it sounds like you have been in touch with them and now are having a hard time getting a response.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,532 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

Two weeks is a long time not to get a reply. Especially since you want to send money.

Some offices, now during the "wet" season, have staff on holiday, but not everyone.

Try calling.

los angeles
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

I had the same experience. Initially I was receiving replies within 24 hours. When I asked them to confirm the reservations we set after about 10 e mails, they said they would get back to me, then nothing. No replies to any more e-mails. Last time I heard from them was about a month ago

I went ahead and booked with another operator.

Salt Lake City
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

I have had problems as well. Have received some response with the following email they gave me over the phone.

booking@sunnysafaris.com

I'm interested in what you find out. Please feel free to email me at dmwitter@hotmail.com.

Salt Lake City
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

I wanted to let people know that I was able to get a kind woman at Roy Safari to contact Sunny Safari for me. It seems the problems are related to bad rains and downed phone lines.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

Glad to hear that you got this resolved. I thought that the rains might have bedeviled the network there. I've been telephoning there recently quite a bit, but am always using cell phones so it doesn't involve the telephone network or land lines. Even some of the cell phones are not working properly right now.

With the Internet they use the land lines mostly, and their quality even in good times is rather spotty.

The problem with rains there is that they bring infrastructure problems; however, they also bring lots of food, so we view the rains as bittersweet.

9. Re: Anybody having problems contacting Sunny Safaris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 01:18