We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Many thanks to all

Somerville, New...
Level Contributor
866 posts
Save Topic
Many thanks to all

Because I am having anxiety and cant sleep at night over going to TZ ( my husband not being happy about coming and me worried about that!) I have decided to move my trip to April 3 instead of May. Achmed from Basecamp says the animals are spectacular right now.

For the past year, I have searched this forum for help/answers to plan my trip. Knowing nothing about Africa, I set out to begin the unknown.

It is here that I was able to plan this trip. Sometimes my head was spinning, but the folks here were able to always help me out and make it easier for me.

So I am here to give a big "Thanks" to all that have offered there words of wisdom. An exceptionally huge hug and kiss to Karl, 4sandi, and Mfuwe who without their knowledge, I couldnt have done this.

To Mfuwe, who went over my whole itinerary to see if I can workout and much much more from him

To Sandi-who emailed me privately so many times when I was baffled and such detailed answers

To Karl-who helped me sort so many things out with his wisdom and so much knowledge

Words cannot express how truly grateful I am. You have helped me when I was completely frustrated, and very annoyed. So from the bottom of my heart,thank you so very much. You truly are three amazing people, who dedicate their time to help others.

Love also to serval girl,Brian,madison,Peterscot, Nikki from England,wegoustay, darthanonymous and so many more.

So what did I decide to do?........

Because of my budget, i cannot stay in the Sopa Lodges, but the Wildlife ones instead. I will be using the KTL in Manyara as suggested as well as the Tarangire Lodge.

I also am going to stay in AMS after TZ, as opposed to before.

I will try to work out, but if I have to miss it I will

Once again, love and thanks to all my beautiful friends from Trip Advisor.

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Nikki :)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Many thanks to all

Go for it Nikki. And don't let it worry you.

Your man will be fine. I used to bribe/drag a reluctant spouse along 'now and again' and now I rarely go without her.

Not so long to wait either.

We expect to hear good things when you get back.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,615 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Many thanks to all

... it's been my pleasure!

You go girl! Safari njema!

State College, Pa
Level Contributor
773 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Many thanks to all

Nikki, you might as well start saving for the return trip as once the Africa "bug" bites...

Dick (wegoustay)

Have a great trip and let us know how it went

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Many thanks to all

Go for it, get on the plane and don't look back; unless your husband isn't there. You'll have a great time, and let us know how it went.

Safari Njema!!

Karl

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
994 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Many thanks to all

Wow, that will be coming up fast! You will have an amazing trip. Can't wait to hear your trip report.

Irongirl

112 days and 20 hours to go!

somerset, england
Level Contributor
267 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Many thanks to all

Go Go Go Nikki! Well done, as I have said many times before, you will not regret it! And hardly any time to wait too. Hope you & your husband have a fab time...and I bet it'll be him begging you to back next time!!!

Nikki x

7. Re: Many thanks to all

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 21:17