I am travelling (with family) to Tanzania from 26-Sep to 3-Oct. I have asked a few operators for quotes and have received some responses. The are charging me US$ 8500 (min) for 4 adults. However, I would like to understand the following:
1. Is the price being quoted very high or reasonable?
2. Are they open to negotiation of the price or is it inappropriate to do the same. (I am not yet very culturally aware about Tanzania and don't know if this is offensive to them).
3. The range I have is from 8,500 to 11,200. All hotels are the same. I am surprised at this.
The itinerary is as follows:
- Tarangire (2 nights - tarangire safari lodge)
- Ngorongoro (2 nights - ngorongoro serena lodge)
- Serengeti (2 nights - mbuzi mawe tented camp)
- Lake Manyara (1 night - serena lodge)
The min charges are $8500 which includes:
- Accommodation, based on 2 people sharing a room
- All meals (B/L/D)
- All park fees
- Oldupai Gorge fees
- Private 4x4 Land Cruiser with pop-up roof with unlimited mileage
- Experienced English speaking driver guide
- Bottled water throughout the safari
- Transport from and to the airport
- Pairs of binoculars
- All taxes