We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad experience with 2Afrika

Greensboro, NC
2 posts
Save Topic
Bad experience with 2Afrika

Tanzania is great. 2Afrika is not. After paying in full for my September safari, the company changed the advertised itinerary at the last minute downgrading hotels, adding travel time, and requiring additional border crossings. Several daily itineraries were not accurate, and hotel descriptions were sometimes completely false. Although all accomodations were advertised as luxury lodges, the company moved us to an economy tented camp for one night and billed it as luxury although it was clearly budget and my Lonely Planet travel guide said it was $30-50/night. Caution when booking with 2Afrika.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

Hi Karen. I see you also posted a note as a reply to someone who was asking for help with a Safari for Tanzania. You gave a name of Charmy Raphael as a good tour guide. Did you take this tour with him after your 2Afrika one? Was curious as you mention you went with 2Afrika and had a bad experience and wondered when you went iwth Charmy and where did you go. I'm going on the Northern Circut of Tanzania in December. Does he do that area? Was it a resonable price he charged? Thanks!

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

karenblixen,

I would be interested to hear what your final itinerary ended up being. I recall seeing the original itinerary on the 2afrika website and what was unique about it was the direct Mara to Serengeti crossing. Did this happen? If not, where did you end up crossing? Thanks.

Kolb��ck
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

Baroness,

I’d be interested to know the name and location of the economy tented camp where 2Afrika moved you for one night.

Thanks

BTW, you husband’s twin’s son’s horse is buried just a few kilometres from where I live.

queensland australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

Is the company you are referring to go2africa which is based in Cape Town? I am ready to book a tour with them this week so i would appreciate it if you could confirm if it is the same company you used

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

2Afrika and go2africa are two different companies. The former is based in the US and the latter is based in South Africa.

virginia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

Have you dealt with both of these companies? I'm looking at itineraries with both go2africa and 2afrika and they are compatable- price wise. Any other words of advice?

MIAMI
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

I most of the americans complain all the time, i am French and i went to tanzania with 2afrika, it was a wonderful trip and the president of the company was all the time there with directions. we have to take into account that a safari means a trip to the third world. i am planning this year another safari with 2africa.

Marie Durand

Miami.

Webster Groves...
Level Contributor
260 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

I used go2africa out of South Africa who ensures the guides they set you up with are above board and provide good services. In our case, they utilized Predators Safari based out of Arusha.

We dealt with Lauren there who was professional and helpful.

I would recommend go2africa. You can visit them at www.go2africa.com.

One word of advice. Do you research on the Hotel #1 OR Hotel #2 and specify your preference.

Webster Groves...
Level Contributor
260 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

PS: Thanks Marie for your generalized stereotype of Americans. I will refrain from responding with the many French stereotypes that come to mind since I've visited your country many times and have enjoyed both the people and the scenery.

Apparently, the feeling is likewise since you write from Miami.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
965 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bad experience with 2Afrika

Hmmm, a person with no history on TA brings up a three year old post praising a company that got a bad review. They include no details of their trip. I smell a tout!