We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some more helpful hints

Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Some more helpful hints

While I am thinking about it, I have a few helpful hints to add to the ever growing list:

1. I wished that I had brought something to scrub my feet with. There are no washcloths in any of the lodges and your feet get SO dirty on the safari. We had our shoes off and were standing up on the seats of the truck most of the time. I wore Tevas all the time and they worked out great. My friend had flip flops on and she got those needle like thorns that went right throught the bottom.

2. There was some discussion about colors to wear or not to wear on the safari. Personally I didn;t see anyone paying any attention to that. There were people in jeans and all different colors. My thught is bring the most comfortable things you have to wear. I wouldnt suggest white as everything gets so dirty!

3. We were able to get our laundry done twice in the 15 days we were away. Only because you have to be in a place at least 2 days to give them time to do it.

4. Bring lots of handy wipes and toilet paper. I brought the little travel rolls of toilet paper that worked great. Also, while in the bush, we had to go pottie in back of the truck, if necessary. Of course you can't leave toilet paper on the ground, so bring some little zip lock bags to keep toilet paper in.

5. Also, I may have mentioned this earlier, butwe wished we had brought some hard candy, gum and pens just to keep with us in the truck for when we saw children.

I can't think of anything else right now. Hope this helps.Below is alink to my photos. I haven't figured out how to post them on here yet.

…snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some more helpful hints

You can buy these "lava" rocks here for the feet. they are brilliant. Failing that. A pedicure is only about $US7 including a massage of the feet and lower legs.

Also a great excuse to sit ans watch the Tz world wonder by!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some more helpful hints

You had some really nice lion sightings!

I had to laugh at the picture of you and your friend with Mussa. That is the shirt we gave him!

Manitoba
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Some more helpful hints

Great tips! Now I have to remember them ;)

Somerville, New...
Level Contributor
866 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Some more helpful hints

Great photos. Wow! Great shots of the lions, esp the last one! They came so close to the jeep.

Thanks for sharing.

We are all still wondering about MR NHscrapper...any regrets after he saw the photos?

Reluctant as he was, Mr WR was so glad he decided to join me, after seeing the animals so close. He said that he never expected them to be right in front of us. AND NEITHER DID I!!!

Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some more helpful hints

Hi! That is so funny about Musa's shirt. When he picked us up that day, I said "take off that shirt and put on a NH one". He laughed and was very happy about the shirt, but certainly did not take off the one you gave him.

Houston
Level Contributor
143 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some more helpful hints

Great tips NHscrapper and everyone. Thanks for sharing them! They will certainly help me as I plan my February trip!

Deborah

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some more helpful hints

Thanks for the tips - have added them to my ever growing list!

nice photos too.

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
110 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some more helpful hints

Thank you for sharing the pictures. We are planning our first Safari for the Summer of 2011. Next Summer we are going to Spain/France Italy. I am getting more excited about the safari and it is farther away. I am adding the tips to my folder for this trip. We are going with about 60 family and friends and there is so much to plan.

Teresa

9. Re: Some more helpful hints

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 05:16