We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1,033 reviews
Save Topic
Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

We are considering adding a night to our itinerary. We are spending the first day at the Arumeru River Lodge to relax from the flight over. We would spend the following day to see Arusha National Park and do the canoe safari. The one reference my tour operator had me contact said it was just ok, not as great as the experiences in the other parks. Has anyone else experience the canoeing and was Arusha worth a visit to do this? Thank you.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,002 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

Arusha NP is worth a visit especially if it is not eating into the rest of your trip. What else would you be doing?

Lots of folk quite like this park. I certainly do.

Not done the canoeing but it gets good reviews on here.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1,033 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

Our current itinerary is 12 days hitting Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti. We are considering adding a 13th day and our tour operator thought our itnerary was pretty balanced so she suggested Arusha National Park. My husband and son are very into canoeing. She thought this would be a good fit for our trip. I am interested in other opinions on the park and especially the canoeing portion.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,002 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

Golden rule. If you have the chance of an extra day on a trip take it. You are only born with so many heartbeats left. Why waste any at home?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1,033 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

Thanks, I guess it's not the heartbeats we're counting, but the dollars!!

nyc
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

Go for it. A visit to Arusha NP is a nice easy into to your upcoming safari. Also you can walk and canoe, see some game not found elsewhere... but no predators. If money an issue, you can do 1/2 day instead of full-day.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,002 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

""it's not the heartbeats we're counting, but the dollars!!""

Wrong answer! You can always get more $$$. Heartbeats are rationed!

(Only partially, joking, I am not advocating throwing money away but in the overall scheme of things a few $$ more on the trip won't make that much difference.)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1,033 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

I agree, but the extra $1050 for the 3 of us just was to much to justify a 2 hour canoe trip. Good news though we purchased our tickets last night!!! Tanzania here we come....

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,002 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

Blinks! $1050 for 3? $350 each for a two hour canoe ride?? John McEnroe would have four words to say on that.

Do you get to keep the Canoes for that money?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1,033 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

That is the total for everything ie: accomodations, driver...etc.. sorry I should have been more clear.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Arusha National Park and Canoeing on Lake Momella

Do I understand that the $1,050 is for 3/paxs for the extra day - hotel, breakfast, transfer to/from for full-day Arusha NP with canoe safari? .... still seems high!