We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kilimanjaro Companies

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Kilimanjaro Companies

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Tanzania in Feb. 2010. I have already booked my filght and I am now researching companies to climb Kilimanjaro with.

My favourites so far are,

1) Duma Explorer

2) Good Earth Tours

3) Real Life Adventures

Has anyone used these companies? Any negatives, positives or tips?

I am planning on doing the Machame Route (7 days) on my own.

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Natalie

Tanzania Expeditions
Climbing Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Waterbuck Safaris
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Greg Adventures
Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kilimanjaro Companies

Thanks for the reply!

Any reasoning for those companies? Have you used them?

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kilimanjaro Companies

Zara tours and Shah tours based in Moshi are noted budget to mid range Kiliminjaro operators of long standing. Team kiliminjaro is probably a more professional operation (maybe) but probably higher priced than the other two.I have never heard of Real Life Adventures or Neo destinations except on this forum but that doesnt mean they wont deliver.Good Earth and Duma Expl. are more main stream safari operators in my opinion.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kilimanjaro Companies

I have only seen Good Earth clients coming fromthe mountina. They have never had a complaint.

Some more companies for you to check out

Tanzania Base Camp:www.basecamptanzania.com

ET Treks and Safaris: http://www.tanzania-experience.com/

Team Kilimanjaro: www.teamkilimanjaro.com

Maasai Wanderings:www.maasaiwanderings.com/

I know that Team Kili, Maasai Wanderings and ET Treks do do joining climbs. So as you are not the only person in the group.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kilimanjaro Companies

Kime hi never heard of ET who are they and where are they based

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kilimanjaro Companies

ET are head office is in Germany but they have two offices in Tz. One in Arusha for safaris and Mt Meru and one in Moshi for Kili climbs.

I went with them last year for the Mt Meru climb and had a brilliant but tiring time. I've also been on a few day trips with them. Unfortunately I didn't get to do Kili with them

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kilimanjaro Companies

Thanks for all the information. Team Kilimanjaro seems like an excellent option from the website. Does anyone have any experience using them? What were the pro and cons?

Thanks,

Natalie

7. Re: Kilimanjaro Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 05:19