We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

africa travel resource

surrey
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
africa travel resource

Has anyone used this company? What were they like?

Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: africa travel resource

Hi, just returned from our 'Tanzanian' holiday booked through ATR. We had no problems at all!. I know it can be a gamble to do everything over the net but I found everything in order.

My only tiny grizzle was that once I booked, I didn't hear from them until the final payments we required.

They were very helpful throughout the planning stage, giving advice and offering suggestions and alternatives. Just remember, in Tanzania they are in the midsts of a drought and the migration is not predictable. One of our camps was meant to be close to the animals but because of the drought there were very few.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: africa travel resource

Hi

While i agree that they are reputable...

With a lttle research you can book it direct, ATR are basically middlemenn who then pass on the safari to a local operator.

Maybe it might be an idea to ask who they are using from other who have been with them and then make a price comparission.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
3,874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: africa travel resource

ATR uses primarily Tanyganyika Expeditions/Mt Kilimanjaro Safari Club and Nomad in Tanzania. They may also use others.

4. Re: africa travel resource

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 11:27
Carmel, California
Level Contributor
3,874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: africa travel resource

ATR has strong preferences for certain camps like Olduvai and includes it on almost all itineraries I've seen regardless of the time of year. It seems to me that you must really put your foot down if you're an ATR client as to where YOU prefer to stay.