We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flycatcher Ndutu Camp

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
822 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Flycatcher Ndutu Camp

Hi All,

I've been looking for some information in regards to the above and am not having much luck searching TA. Anybody familiar with this place, in terms of whether it is a nice spot and all?

Thanks!

-Surf:)

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,703 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flycatcher Ndutu Camp

Ask your operator to supply more details, tent size, permanent if so for how many months, what facilities toilet wise. Most of these camps are set up by tour operators for their own clients. Flycatcher is a Tour operator based in Arusha with a few camps in various parks, especially Mahale and one on Rubonda island in Lake Victoria. I would expect the quality to be similiar to the others.

USA
Level Contributor
701 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flycatcher Ndutu Camp

I've been investigating them for the other end of the Serengeti and S. Tanz. I've read reports and emailed with those who have done S.Tanz and really liked them. From what I gather, their vehicles in S. Tanz may be a little battered and I understand they recently got some new tents. Their accommodations are fairly basic and that's why the pricing is pretty good. A refreshing combo, I've found. Ensuite facilities. I have heard the guiding is fine but not exceptional.

I've had limited email contact with them. All in all, I will probably book part of my trip with them.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
822 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flycatcher Ndutu Camp

I have received the information regarding the camp in detail, I was just hoping to read that some of you had stayed there and it was a neat as it sounds from the info I got.

Thank you both.

-Surf:)

Edited: 06 May 2010, 12:03
4. Re: Flycatcher Ndutu Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 04:17