We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

Al Khobar, Saudi...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

Dear All,

I have applied for a Tanzanian Visa and sent all the required documents and fees to the embassy , however , after taking around 3 weeks I called the embassy and they told me that the Visa printer is not working and it may take one month to fix it and I’m traveling on the 8 th of January !!!!!!!

The embassy instead sent me a letter signed the ambassador ( with the embassy letter head and official stamp ) titled : Tourism visa and addressed to the immigration officer at the airport requesting him to allow the travelers ( with full details such as : name and passport number) to enter the country .

I called the embassy and they assured me that this letter will act as a visa at the airport and I will have no troubles at all .Has had the same experience ???? I’m little bit worried

Al Khobar, Saudi...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

No feedback !!!

Karl I need your thoughts on this

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

I'm not Karl, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

This is not something I've ever heard of, but if I were to place a bet, I'd bet that this works. Tanzanians are typically very creative in their solutions to problems and so this sounds like something that will work just fine.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Afterall, let's say it somehow didn't work, you could then just buy another visa right there on the spot, without a problem. Obviously, that's some lost money, but at least you'll get into the country.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,674 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

You've had lots of answers on Fodors.

You can always -

trust the ambassador;

try for a visa on arrival'

or - try another embassy with a working printer.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

Karl finally got on the forum. This is another example of why you should always get your visa at the border; you can't trust those working in the Embassy to do anything with any sense of urgency. I've never heard of not being able to print the visa because the printer is not working, but then again I know from past experience that they wouldn't have thought of getting a replacement printer (it's not all that a specility printer and if I remeber correctly i's merely a pin fed dot matrix printer. But now the problem exists for you.

I would try it taking the letter. They will most probably honor it. The worst case scenerio will be that they make you purchase another visa at the border. I wouldn't worry about it. The important thing is that they returned your passport, if they didn't then you wouldn't be gong.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

Hi

Some people cannot get a visa at the boarder and must apply in advance, th OP is from a country where that is the case.

I have no doubt the letter will work

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

Good point Achmed. I didn't notice where he was from but I now see it is Saudi Arabia, and they must submit their visas in advance. Might also be the reason why the printer cannot be maintained. I know I was involved in Syria some time ago and we could only get very limited computer maintenance there.

I would take a chance and go with the letter, it will probably work.

7. Re: Visa Printer not Working !!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2011, 05:22