We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

Vitoria, ES
5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

Hi,

I will get marry on july and will spend my honeymoon at Zanzibar. At first i thought about doing only zanzibar and i already book my hotels for 8 nights on the island.

But now im considering doing a safari, since i already gonna be in Tanzania. I would like to visit a park for 2 or 3 days after my time in Zanzibar and i need help planning it.

What park should i visit?Serengeti, Ngorongo? I already did a drive game at South Africa, but it was in a reserve, now i want a real safari, where i can see a lot of wild life.

Is htere a better part of the park tha i have to stay?

Is there any flight from zanzibar to the place near the park?

Is july a good time to see the miggration?

What tour operator do you recomend?

Thanks for all the help!!! :)

Thaís

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
535 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

Hi Thaís,

Which park you will visit can depend allot on your budget and number of days you have available.

One option would be to go to Mikumi for a 1 or 2 day safari from Dar Es Salaam – which is a 5/6 hour drive.

However, if you wanted to spend more time on safari, then I’d recommend visiting Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti over a 3 or 4 day period.

Hope this input helps!

Tom

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

I would go to Serengeti and Ngorongoro, they are the best parks for wild life.

I have been there twice and in sept I will visit again tanzania (south parks), but then I will spend some time in Serengeti and Ngorongoro.

I think you can fly from Zanzibar to Serengeti airstrip. some of my friends took a flight from Serengeti to Zanzibar, I think you can do that in the other way. This is likely your best option as it saves a lot of time. The guide can wait for you at the airstrip and the adventure starts.

I have done all my safari with Kori Adventure, but there are different good operators. The suggestion is always the same, contact some operators compare itinerary, service and price and choose the one you like more.

Congratulations

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

These Days are very limited,because 3 days means 2 nights and 2 days means 1 night.

Ngorongoro and Serengeti will not fix up those days.towhees will have to rush

2 Nights/3 Days combination:

Lake Manyara National Park and Ngorongoro Crater

Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater

Tarangire National Park,Ngorongoro Crate and Lake Manyara National Park

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

Hello

I just returned home from Tanzania, and if you have so little time I would recommend you to see Ngorongoro crater and Lake Manyara (both places are smaller and have more animals on smaller area). We managed to see here all big animals lions, chitas, hypos, elefants, rhino etc. only leopards were not seen here, we have seen them in Serengeti. And of course we have seen in Serengeti part of big migration (zebras and gnus) moving, which is quite fascinating. However Serengeti is big and means a lot of driving to see some animals.

We were camping and also stayed in lodge, however we preffered camping in park (it is very subjective opinion - it depends what kind of luxury you like). We went with Shidolya tours, however we were not too happy with them. They promised one thing, and it came out different, with excuse this is Africa. I do not mind being slow and not all by western standards, however when I pay something, which is not really cheap, I do like to stick to the plan we agreed to do. However I believe that it is like this with many operators, so it is really good to know with who to go. We got recommendation for Leopard tours also, however they are really big, we have seen many of their cars, they operate with lodges, and they are not cheap especially if you would like to be only 2 in the car - normally you have a group of 4 to 6 people.

I hope this will be of some help to you

Regards

Katja

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

In September, with the number of days you want to do the safari in, I would suggest going to Tarangire for a day or two, then Ngorongoro Crater for a day. You can fly from Zanzibar to Arusha and kick off the safari from there going to Tarangire (about a 2 hour drive from Arusha). The drive from Tarangire to Ngorongoro will be a tad over 2 hours. You are allowed down in the crater for 6 hours only, then you can return to Arusha.

In September there is a mini migration in the Tarangire where there will be large herds of elephants, zebra, buffalo, lions, etc. They go there in the dry season to get water from the river there. In Ngorongoro Crater there are always animals there.

You asked about the migration, it is in the Serengeti and it will be in the Northern area if they haven't went into the Masai Mara (Kenya) by then. You really don't have enough time to do that.

Some operators will suggest Lake Manyara as you will be going right by it, but I would do a skip on this since you don't have all that much time, and Tarangire in September is a much better choice.

There are flights on Coastal Air and Precision Air, and perhaps some other local carriers. The cost of a flight will be about $200. You can also take a bus from Dar es Salaam to Arusha, cost about $20, but the time will take you about 9 hours to get there.

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

For just 2 or 3 days, I would think that your best idea (good wildlife viewing and a chance to save on the budget) would be to fly to Selous for 2 or 3 nights and then fly back to Zanzibar, or just to Dar to catch your international departure.

7. Re: Honeymoon: Zanibar and Safari .Hel with the safari planning.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:35