We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dar es Salaam airpot info

Luanda, Angola
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Dar es Salaam airpot info

Hi guys, need your help here...

I plan to flying with Kulula airlines to Dar es Salaam from Johannesburg and then continue either with Coastal/Precision/ZanAir to Kilimanjaro...the problem is that the Kulula schedule will make me arrive at the Dar es Salam airport at 1.30 am early in the morning, while my connecting flight to Kilimanjaro is around 9 am...Is it convenient to stay at the Dar es Salam airport at that very early in the morning waiting for my next flight? Is there any shower facility or hotel at the airport? This will be my first trip to Tanzania, so I have no idea what the airport looks like...Thanks in advance for your help!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dar es Salaam airpot info

Dar airport is a small international airport, not all that many creature comforts there. You might want to consider getting a room at the close-by Transit motel (google them) while this is a local small hotel; it is clean has a shower and is rather inexpensive. I think they will have an airport pickup if you request this from them, or most any airport taxi will take you there. It's no more then a 5 minute ride from the airport.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dar es Salaam airpot info

I agree with Karl,

Just take Transit Motel which is closed to the Airport where will get a short rest and get a shower before connecting to Kilimanjaro.

Book transfer with them to cut off cost.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

3. Re: Dar es Salaam airpot info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 05:21