We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller budget safari northern circuit aug/sept 2011

Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Solo traveller budget safari northern circuit aug/sept 2011

I am going to be in Tanzania for a course in August and I was hoping to have an extra couple of weeks to visit Zanzibar and do a short safari of the northern circuit. The length would depend on the cost but I imagine something along the lines of 5 days starting from Arusha. I will end my course in Dar es Salaam so I already looked into getting a bus to Arusha which seems quite do-able and the cheapest option on my tight budget. I am just bewildered when it comes to searching for budget camping safaris and seem to be going around in circles! I've read that it's possible to get a budget safari from $150-170 per day at the cheapest end of the scale, but I have no clue where to start as a solo traveller. Ideally I just want to add onto another group of people in a similar situation. Also I am unsure as to whether I should try to book it now in advance or whether it might be best to just arrange something once in Arusha? Or is that too risky?

Any advice would be much appreciated! I'm looking to start a tour around the very end of August/start of September.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveller budget safari northern circuit aug/sept 2011

You might try the link on the upper right in questions for a 'list of operators.' Ask those operators that you feel comfortable with whether they have a camping safari that you can join. I know recently we have had two people on this forum find spots on short notice

Good Luck

2. Re: Solo traveller budget safari northern circuit aug/sept 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 15:19