We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ndutu area accommodations

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ndutu area accommodations

Hi!

I'm trying to finalize our travel plans for Feb 2012. I'm being told that the Ndutu Safari Lodge is fully booked so I need to choose alternate accommodations. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure what else is in the area. It can be a lodge type of accommodation or a mobile camp, (but we don't want any basic camping). Thanks! Turtledove

nyc
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ndutu area accommodations

Ndutu is sold out; so too is EMC camp.

Try Lake Masek, but I hear they don't seem to have consecutive nights.

There's Olakira, Lemala, Kusini... and I'm sure others, and do expect to pay more than if at Ndutu Lodge. In fact, most all space in the area for February '12 is pretty much gone.

It's not unusual for visitors leaving at the end of one year, to book for the following, especially the Ndutu Lodge. This is the busiest month for the area.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ndutu area accommodations

I would also try Lake Masek tented camp. The tents are fantastic, and the lodge overlooks Lake Masek which is very close to Ndutu Safari Lodge. Another alternative if you cannot find anything in the Ndutu area is Dunia Tented Camp which is a mobile tented camp (a bit more rustic) still within easy reach of the southern plains.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ndutu area accommodations

Try the cheapest camps like wild lands tented camp and Serengeti savanna tented camp. They are all seasonal mobile tented camps but are with great services.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ndutu area accommodations

Try the cheapest camps like wild lands tented camp and Serengeti savanna tented camp. They are all seasonal mobile tented camps but are with great services.

5. Re: Ndutu area accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:18