We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information on Tanzania Odyssey

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Information on Tanzania Odyssey

We're looking at a 2012 safari and are trying to pick the "right" tour operator for a private tour. The company that has given the best email responses, so far, has been Tanzania Odyssey. They operate under different names, including Africa Odyssey. But, aside from their own web site, there is very little information about this company on the net. Has anyone done a recent (2010, 2011) trip with them. What can you tell us to help establish their reputation? What is your experience with them in the field?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,724 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

They are good and reputable.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

ASk them to provide you with some recent people who have traveled with them from the New York area, then telephone these people.

Cynthiana...
Level Contributor
33 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

Yes, I have used Tanzania Odyssey,they did a great job for my wife and I last October,we stayed a total of 12 nights with 6 different places to stay.We werer totally satisfied with their performance.

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

Thank you. I appreciate the input. Bearhall - did you travel to Tanzania? If so would you make any recommendations on where to stay? We are looking at traveling to Tanzania during the Great Migration.

Cynthiana...
Level Contributor
33 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

Yes, we used And Beyond Under Canvas in the Serengeti,they were great ,we did see a crossing,we also went to Crater Lodge,pricey but worth it. We used the Plantation close to Lake M,we where a liitle disappointed in the park. To the south we stayed at Beho Beho in Selous,great place.Finally we stayed at Razkuti on the Indian Ocean,sorry my spelling is not too good!

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

We were thinking of staying at &Beyond Under Canvas as well. We are still evaluating lodge options. In Selous we are torn between staying Beho Beho or Selous Safari Camp; they both look great. At the Crater we are looking at staying either Sopa or Serena. Did you go to Tarangire? Did you arrive in Arusha or Dar Es Salaam?

Cynthiana...
Level Contributor
33 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

We arrived in Arusha and left from Dar es Salaam,the latter is abig "dirty city",my personal opinion,we did not go to Taragire,I felt that the North and South were more " Africa" the center that we saw was more 20th century.if you are looking for open spaces.Arusha was better than Dar for me.Tanzania O set us up in agreat day room r ,Oyster Bay ,1st class,they comped that for us!No one every missed a meet and greet,felt safe the entire trip.

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

Where did you stay when you got to Arusha?

Cynthiana...
Level Contributor
33 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

Onsea House,we stayed there only one night and got there late it was an hour' drive from the airport.I would give it 3.5 or 4 on a scale of 5.Rooms were alittle small and some noise.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Information on Tanzania Odyssey

We used Tanzania Odyssey to arrange our honeymoon and it was fantastic; their advice was spot-on and the itinerary was great. Our whole trip was arranged perfectly so we didnt need to worry about anyting, even when BA flights were delayed. Their knowledge and recommendations were brilliant, we couldnt have asked for more for our honeymoon I have also posted reviews of all the lodges we stayed at on Tripadvisor.