We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
339 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

LATEST UPDATE from NAABI HILL GATE:

Today, at Naabi gates until around 15h00 there had been over 60 vehicles with tourists stranded. Finally around 17h00 they have allowed vehicles to pass through on condition that each driver will commit in a separate paper that these CONCESSION fees will be paid before the guests leaves a given park (Under the TANAPA collection of parks). Given the time and inconvenience, our drivers have written that document-“UNDER PROTEST”.

--------

Have posted a detailed thread about this on Fodors Africa Forum (Tanzania)

Bottom line, your operator is expected to pay this new concession fee PPPN ...and you will be ending up paying it to him (from Aug 1st) since TANAPA and the hoteliers have not come to any agreement (as planned earlier). Expect your safari prices to go higher and also your itineraries won't be booked/signed until this new fee is added. Imagine the inconvenience to everyone ?!!

Welcome to Tanzania..PAY UP, NOW !

Edited: 01 August 2011, 17:12
Mentioned in this post
Bencia Africa
Safaris, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wakawaka Adventures
Hiking & Camping Tours, Eco Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wild Root Safaris and Adventures
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Hiking & Camping Tours
Aardvark Safaris
Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,933 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

May as well bump this one up too.

Risen from the nether world like its twin.

I gotta ask "why"?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
339 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

Mfuwe,

https:/…YTYrQmtaQk5RWUpjR0E9PQ

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,933 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

Shrug! Regretable but merely an effect of an avoidable piece of silly brinksmanship that backfired.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
339 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

1 more:

https:/…YTYrQmtjNDJ5Ukh2Wmc9PQ

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

Mystery behind removal of two threads, see posting on other thread, now reinstated. Mfuwe, sorry to disappoint you but there was no real mystery there, just on my part seeking TA guidance to remove the post you and noexpert found so offensive. (Just so you know I didn't intend to offend you by the way and have enjoyed your informative posts in other forums)

Tigerphotog - thanks for sharing video links - appalling and distressing for visitors and guides. Strange that Mfuwe is so unconcerned about what happened yesterday, don't you feel sorry for the visitors who have paid for a dream holiday and yesterday turned out to be a nightmare for them?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,933 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

As on other post. Not disappointed and not offended. Hey that's 13 now!

Any minute now TA will offer D/E status.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

What's that? Duke of Edinburgh? I already have the silver award for that. ;-)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
339 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

I tell you, I usually stick to Fodors...lots of helpful people there (including Sandi). Thx for your support ehre, AfricaEx, I didn't notice your thread either (when I posted mine).

TA is new for me, I did want people that come here to know what is going on in Tanzania...definitely, and why not ? Heck, my invoice /payment is stuck due to this mess that they have there !!! I do have a Safaritalk account as well, but prefer Fodors for many reasons.

Anyway , peace out , hopefully all this info has helped wake up some people and give them a heads-up before their trips !

Edited: 04 August 2011, 00:33
Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

Well said tigerphotog.

I get the impression the TA VPW community is a tight circle, easier to get through on Dragons Den! Lots of double standards practised here too - it appears to be okay for some seasoned veterans to criticise and make sarcastic even derogatory comments about something/someone but as soon as a OPW says something half as blunt , they get gunned down. Who-hooo!

This topic has gone on for long enough and I doubt there is any more constructive comments to be made until the parties concerned have met and discussed the issue. We will know soon enough.

Your posts (and some others) have given us more useful information than many of the other posts whose only intent seems to show superiority on the hierachy of TA posters. Thank you once again and may peace reign once more on TA...

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: TANAPA mandate for TATO operators, new concession fees !

This has just gotten embarassing...

Along with the information came opinions... nothing wrong with that. Conflicting opinions... nothing wrong with that.

Then the personal attacks and recriminations... something very wrong with that.

This is an active, helpful forum. The two threads on this topic have departed from both the purpose and the spirit of the forum. It is not up to either "side" to throw out an insult and then say "that's the end of it." That's like being on the schoolyard and poking somebody, running away, and saying the game is over.

But maybe I can suggest that this is over until new information arrives... and that we might want to stick to actual information from here on out on this topic?

Can't we all just... get along?!