We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

istanbul
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

We will leave for safari next week . Very confused to choose between two safaris Help needed : )

One tour stays in Ngorongoro Farm house,Olduvai Tented Camp and Ronjo Camp and Dhow Palace Hotel operated by ATR Price bttw 5400-5600 USD for two

The other stays at Kirurumu Manyara, Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge,Kirurumu Serengeti and the Seyyida Hotel operated by Hoopoe price around 6000 USD for two

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,784 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

Next week and you have not booked?

both outfits are well respected. I have only used Hoopoe (twice) and found them very good. I like their Kirurumu lodge and always stay there. The Ngorongoro Sopa I use because of its location not because of its ambience.

Kirurum Serenget is up in Loliondo and is a great experience.

The other ATR lodges are OK but Farmhouse is not on the Crater so will require a drive there and back. I liked the Dhow palace when I stayed there about 9 years ago. Not a recent visit.

On balance I would be inclined to pay the extra $400 and go with Hoopoe.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,460 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

As usual ATR is using their preferred lodges/camps, and as usual they do not put clients on the rim of the crater. Instead you visit the crater and then stay outside at Olduvai Camp.

The Seyyida on ZNZ is also a more luxe property than Dhow Palace.

As mfuwe, I'd go with the Hoopoe itinerary.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

How is zanzibar magic for tour operaotrs in arusha and zanzibar?

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

We are looking for a tour operator for a serngeti safari and zanzibar island tour. How is zanzibar magic as a tour operator?

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

I think this is another topic jumped in

Minden, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

I reserved a trip with them for $3100 per person for two weeks and sent $200 per person deposit back in June 2011 to hold the reservation for 7 people. Our departure is in November 2011. We decided to add 2 people and requested a new quote. They (David) upped the price by $800 per person saying that two more people required an extra vehicle. I reasoned that $7200 seemed pretty excessive for a car/driver for two weeks so I shopped around for another operator (and found one). The new operator quoted the same itinerary for $2950 per person. Daud wouldn't/couldn't match the price so in August 2011 I requested a refund of our deposit....that was over a month ago. I'd steer clear of Zanzibar Magic. The only magic is a disappearing deposit.

7. Re: Tanzania safari and Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 16:17