We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency exchange at Kilimanjaro airport

Sydney
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Currency exchange at Kilimanjaro airport

Hi, I am arriving at Kilimanjaro airport at about 12.30 on 12 September 2011. I've now worked out that Tanzanian currency is not available in Australia (not sure why I thought it would be!). I'm really hoping that there will be some way of exchanging currency from Euros, USD or AUD at the airport, although having never been there before I have no idea what to expect.

Could somebody please let me know what these types of facilities are like at Kili airport and surrounds? We're doing a 5 day safari and then 4 nights in Zanzibar.

Thanks!

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency exchange at Kilimanjaro airport

There are Bureau De changes at Kilimanjaro Airport but expect the bad conversion rate.

Is highly recommended to change it in Town areas for the best rate and can advise your Driver to stop while you are on the way to the Park.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency exchange at Kilimanjaro airport

You might want to exchange a small amount at the airport Bureau de Change and then if you're taking a taxi into Arusha you will go past many Bureaus in Arusha. Tell your taxi drive to wait for you at one (they will) and exchange the money you need.

3. Re: Currency exchange at Kilimanjaro airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 00:15