We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can one shoot pictures as well from mini buses swell as 4x4?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Can one shoot pictures as well from mini buses swell as 4x4?

We are comparing Odysses, who use mini buses, with groups that use 4x4s. I wonder if it's as easy to take pictures. Also, do the mini buses go significantly fewer places?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,411 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can one shoot pictures as well from mini buses swell as 4x4?

I actually prefer Minibuses for the room inside. Most will have the pop top roof instead of a simple hatch so as well as gettng a good view you get some shade too.

for the best photos of all however you should use the open side windows as this gets you more on a natural level with the beasties.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can one shoot pictures as well from mini buses swell as 4x4?

I don't like vans. For one thing in some I've been in the last seats do not have open top space to stand up without a lot of discomfort.

But then I don't like to go with a group where I don't know the people, too many instances of mismatches such as the guy in the pith helmet fantasizing himself as the great white hunter providing incorrect details on every creature that you come across; that humor wears off quickly.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,411 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can one shoot pictures as well from mini buses swell as 4x4?

<<But then I don't like to go with a group.>>

Join the club Mzee. But with that guy in the Pith Helmet neither a 4x4 nor a Minibus would be big enough for the three of us. One would be walking before the sun went down.

Tip. Minibus rear/last seats are not for sitting on. They are for all the Camera gear and the coolbox with the Beer.

If folks have to sit on them the Van is too darn full for me..

Nanoose Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can one shoot pictures as well from mini buses swell as 4x4?

I much prefer a 4x4. In Kenya we've used both but found the 4x4 to be more comfortable than a minibus, and there were only my wife and I in both types of vehicles. Can't see how either would be comfortable with a larger group, especially moving around for the best photo op.

5. Re: Can one shoot pictures as well from mini buses swell as 4x4?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 06:16