We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Base Camp Tanzania

Sedona, Arizona
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Base Camp Tanzania

Just completed 3 weeks in Tanzania, all arranged through Achmed and his company Base Camp Tanzania. I could not be more pleased. The guides were the best, and we had no glitches worth talking about in doing Meru, the Serengeti, Kilimanjaro, and Tarangire. Achmed delivered everything hoped for. The accommodations were excellent (though L'Oasis in Arusha is terrible noisy at night) as well as the safaris and the climbs.

Achmed's prices are the best. As long as you are not expecting a luxury trip, you should be quite pleased. The vehicles we had were either relatively, or quite new. The tent camps were great fun and quite comfortable.

Our guide on Kili, Stanley, is one of, if not the best guide. He was extremely patient with us, fought (literally) to get us good camp sites, and has done Kili almost 200 times. Stanley had my husband and I at the summits of both Meru and Kili exactly when he wanted us there. He KNOWS these mountains and how to get you up there.

Achmed has been in this business some 13 years. He is half German and half English, so he understands American (and European) expectations. He is also typically very fast with the e-mail replies. Exceptions have generally had to do with Tanzania's erratic power supply.

Anyway, I can not recommend Achmed and Base Camp Tanzania enough. Just be prepared for some off-color jokes...

Ascend Tanzania
Mountains, Biking Trails, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Forests
Mount Meru
Mountains, Volcanoes
Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Base Camp Tanzania

My Jokes are the best :-) duly noted tone down the jokes :-(

Level Contributor
478 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Base Camp Tanzania

Lol, as a side note... I found your jokes hilarious.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,725 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Base Camp Tanzania

It's good to see him back at large. (Jokes or not.)

Some body was looking for your friend yesterday!

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Somerville, New...
Level Contributor
866 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Base Camp Tanzania

Ditto gred!

We found his jokes hysterical. We felt like we knew him forever and to this day, Mr Wr always talks about him.

We are coming back Achmed....hopefully in April.

I will bring pictures of Robs beer making!!!!

Edited: 30 August 2011, 20:01
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Base Camp Tanzania

achmed hope you have plenty of jokes ready when we catch up for a ber in november. I have many to tell cheers

6. Re: Base Camp Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 02:16