We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari in Late May -- share

Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Safari in Late May -- share

my partner and i would love to go to tazania on safari honeymoon, however budget is a little tight, we are not looking for a private safari and are willing to share, ideally we like to stay in lodges (ie sopa lodges) and like the safari to last for 5-6 nights and then maybe go to zanzibar for 4 nights. anybody have any ideas??

Easy Travel & Tours Ltd
Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Gosheni Safaris Africa
Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
African Scenic Safaris
Hiking & Camping Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Climbing Tours
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari in Late May -- share

The price will not very high at that time of the Year which is low season.

I`m not sure if will get other to share at this short time decision .

Have a look on this:-

Day 1 : Arusha - Lake Manyara National Park

Day 2 Lake Manyara National Park – Serengeti National Park.

Day 3 : Full Day Game Drive in Serengeti National Park

Day 4 : Serengeti National Park - Ngorongoro Crater

Day 5 : Ngorongoro Crater Safari

Day 6: Ngorongoro Crater Safari – Arusha - Flight to Zanzibar

For Zanzibar will recommend to have a night in Stonetown and rest of nights by the beach(depend on your preferences)

The night in Stonetown will make you to be in a World Heritage Site and combined with Ngorongoro which is another World Heritage Site,will make you to be into two memorable World Heritage Sites.

For Stonetown will also cut off some cost in activities and time effectiveness,so one night will give you a good chance before you proceed to the beach Hotel

Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari in Late May -- share

Thanks for that, is it rainy season in May in Zanzibar?

Save Reply
3. Re: Safari in Late May -- share

Hi,yes it is the rainy season but I must say I just love that time of the year in East Africa,you normally get light rains in the late afternoons and early morning and also through the night which is good for a honeymoon couple,just helps with tne romantic feeling.lol if you know what I mean.The serengeti and the crater with Lake Manyara will be perfect with a few days in Zanzibar.I offer a lot of these safaris on a guided bases so go and enjoy yourself.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari in Late May -- share

You may want to check out Duma Explorer. On their website they show 2 open group trips that you can join in May.

We are going to Tanzania from May 22 to June 4 on a private safari with Duma, however there are already 6 of us. We are doing 10 days on safari and then flying to Zanzibar for 3 days.

Duma is one of the most highly rated organizations on Trip Advisor-Tanzania and I can definitely understand after dealing with Stacy. Read some of the reviews and see for yourself.

She has replied to every email prompty and has been fantastic to deal with. Originally we spoke about the group trips and if I am not mistaken they limit the size to 6 people so you won't be crammed into vehicles.

Good luck in your planning.

Edited: 06 March 2012, 14:32
5. Re: Safari in Late May -- share

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 10:24
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor