We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

These guys rock! My wife and I and two friends took a 6-night, 7-day Northern Circuit safari in Tanzania with Safari Infinity (safari-infinity.com) in February, and it was hands down the best trip we’ve ever taken. Not only was Tadei Benne a great driver/guide who anticipated our every need and patiently accommodated our every request, he had such a great personality and was so knowledgeable, that by the end we’d gained a new friend.

We were lucky enough to catch the Great Migration in the Serengeti and we saw all the Big Five. We saw lions hunt (!) and Tadei guided us to no less than six leopard sightings. It was unreal. The accommodations were great, the food was consistently good, and what we got for the price we paid far exceeded anything we could have anticipated.

Choosing a company sight unseen can be nerve-wracking. We looked at several companies, and only found a couple of reviews for Safari Infinity online (they are still a relatively new company). What truly sealed the deal for us was the attention and courteousness of Lucia who booked our reservations for us. She re-did our itinerary as many times as we asked, answered our emails promptly, and answered every question straightaway. From start to finish, the folks at Safari Infinity were thorough, patient, and dedicated to making sure our experience was top-notch.

If any of you would like to book a safari through a Tanzanian-owned, thoroughly competent company, look no farther than Safari Infinity. I would send my own mother on a trip with these guys without a second’s hesitation.

Book them now!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,815 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

Welcome to the Forum Kiley.

Good to see another rave review for Safari Infinity.

Are they really owned by Tanzanians? How do you know that?

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

I personally met the owner Simon Kombe (he picked us up at the bus station when we got in) and he's a native Arushan. His partner Lucia is Canadian but moving to Arusha soon. I know he has one other European partner, but the company itself was Simon's idea and he's definitely the driving force behind it. We were happy to support a local company, given how many foreign-owned tours we saw out there.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

If the company has a local and overseas partners they are like manys other tour operator in Arusha-a few notable exceptions.

Safari infinity is no exception. You cant make the comment we were happy to support a local given how many foreign owneed companies there are there when 2 of the 3 partners are living overseas.

A locally owned company is a tanzania registered company registered with the register of companies in Dar es Salaam- irrespective of the nationalities of the shareholders.

If you are looking for a wholly owned Tanzania citizen company then safari infinity is not one of those.

If you are looking for a wholly owned company with all the shareholders born in Tanzania nor is safari infinity one of those.

Comments about a wholly owned Tz company are nebulous and misleading. In your efforts to promote your company you have shown who the real shareholders are and where they are living. I wouldn't recommend them on the basis of that. ie the majority of shareholders live overseas.

Edited: 02 April 2012, 01:21
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

Hi,

I was debating whether to participate.. but seeing where this thread is going, I think I'd better step in and clarify a few things:

-Safari Infinity was previously started with three shareholders, with Simon owning the majority of the shares

-Our European partner is currently no longer with us, leaving Simon with the majority of the shares, and I with the rest (I wont get into details)

-As Kiley has indicated, I am soon moving permanently to Arusha (getting married! ;) - so I'm not sure how that structure would work, but i believe this still puts ownership of the company in a "local" Tanzanian.

And.. I'm not too sure how relevant this is to how Kiley has enjoyed his trip, but I suppose to some people it is important to clarify the shareholding structure, to know whether they are actively supporting a local business.

That being said, thank you Kiley for your feedback, and Asante to Mfuwe and NonExpert for your constructive questions/feedbacks.

Have a great week guys! Hope this helps clarify the situation.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,815 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

Asante Lucia for coming in.

Well I am happy with both those explanations. (not that it is really any of my business) I was just checking the accuracy of Kiley's statement as there is a huge grey area here. I could be said to be the driving force of my "own" company but I only own 6% of the shares with 24% of the others owned by Sassenachs! But we are registered with and pay our taxes to the same Government.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

I have been working with Lucia for a month now (bless her patience!) and have just finalized the details of our safari tour with Safari Infinity. I have nothing but praise for them so far! Lucia has been extremely timely with her email responses and has patiently worked out every detail with me, with many revisions from my initial inquiry. MANY other tour operators dropped out of the running very quickly because of their poor response times and lack of follow-through. I will post reviews when we return (July).

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,815 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

Good to know that Kathy.

And "We Forumites" shall hold you to your promise of reviews and photos.

Have a good trip.

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

In February 2012, we (a young Dutch couple) went on a 7-day safari in Tanzania with Safari Infinity, together with our traveling companions from the US. Before the trip was booked, we were extensively in contact with Lucia who was very kind and professional; we had quick responses to our e-mails, and we could ask her all the questions we had (quite a few!). Also, by having the possibility to wire the money, we had no need to carry along great amounts of cash while getting to Arusha.

We had a great itinerary covering Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngongoro Crater and Tarangire and spent the nights in beautiful lodges and tented camps. On our way, we also visited a Maasai village. Our guide was Thadei Benne, and he turned out to be the key to the experience of our lifetime. Thadei is an enthusiastic and cheerful guide and takes great care of his clients during the entire trip. Also, he’s a good and responsible driver, which is very important as you are in the safari truck much of your day.

Our overall experience with Safari Infinity was just outstanding… really really good! The booking procedures, airport pick-up, meeting the owner Simon and our guide Thadei on the night before going on the trip, the quality of the safari truck and of course the safari (itinerary) itself… nothing but positive experiences. Also, the price of the whole trip offered great(!) value for money.

We were more than happy and satisfied having Safari Infinity as our safari company, and certainly recommend them if you’re planning a safari. If you do have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

Hello. We are about to book a trip with Safari Infinity, who have been great so far. It seems they require deposit and payment through bank transfer only. Is that how you paid? Were there any problems? Thanks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safari Infinity - Great safari company in Arusha

Would love to hear about your accommodations--where did you stay at each location? I don't mind glowing reports but I like details to help me make my decisions, since Safari Infinity is one of my half dozen to make the cut so far.