We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Circuit Safari Recommendations

Bay Area
4 posts
Save Topic
Northern Circuit Safari Recommendations

Hi everyone!

I'm planning a safari for the end of june and I'm hoping for recommendations (the number and similarity of safaris is overwhelming!).

I have a few specifics: I'd like to travel to Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti, Lake Manyara, and perhaps Tarangire National Park. Hopefully this will be covered in 7-10 days.

I'd perfer a 4WD Land Rover/Land Cruiser

I'm looking for safaris that are mid-range, not camping, but surely not luxury. I'm also traveling solo, which I know can be an issue with some safari companies.

If you have any recommendations for safaris that fit the bill (or come close), I would love your advice! Thanks so much for your help.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Circuit Safari Recommendations

Hi

End of June is pretty late, lodges bookings are difficult to get already, it will be a matter of luck and flexability with the itinerary ie: which way round you do the northern circuit.

Solo wont be a problem, not cheap alone but not a problem.

Normally 6-7 days is fine for this circuit.

You couldpop into the TATO website for a list of licenced reputable tour operators.

Bay Area
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Circuit Safari Recommendations

Thanks for your advice!

I've spent sometime looking into the TATO website, there are still so many options! It has definitely helped to narrow my search.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that since I'm a solo traveler it might be easier to book a safari.

I'm hoping to find something that isn't TOO touristy-something that's still somewhat intimate/private...

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Circuit Safari Recommendations

You can travel solo on a private safari, but this would be expensive as you wouldn't have anyone else to share the cost of the vehicle with. On the other hand, you'd be able to customize your itinerary and choose where you want to go and stay (assuming there's availability). If you can afford it, IMO this is the way to go.

Otherwise, you can contact a few tour operators with your travel dates and see if they have any existing groups that you could join. You may not have much choice in terms of itinerary and accomodations though.

Good luck!

royal oak, michigan
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Northern Circuit Safari Recommendations

I am going end of June to climb Kili- and possible a safari -and am traveling solo too. I chose Hoopoe Safari. It is a mid range company, and recommended by Lonley Planet. The route I chose currently only has myself signed up, but they will still run it with just me but I have the option to switch to a different route - Machame.

5. Re: Northern Circuit Safari Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2007, 17:43
6. Re: Northern Circuit Safari Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 23:20