We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzania....here we come!

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Tanzania....here we come!

....and so I ask the experts and all those that post on this forum and that have provided much needed wisdom and insight:

****** any last minute words of advice? ******

We'll be at Foot2Afrika from May 27 - June 24, and then on safari from June 24 - June 30, then back to Foot2Afrika for an overnight to say goodbye to our new friends, and then heading home on July 1.

I have started a blog, which you are welcome to visit. the site is under construction still, but hopefully I'll have the kinks worked out by Saturday! (it's my first blog).

It's called "Little By Little, A Little Becomes a Lot" at

http://ourlittlebylittleblog.blogspot.com/

Busy packing, and not sleeping a whole lot thinking of all the things we have yet to do........and SO excited. You all have made Tanzania so "real" to me already, and I feel so honored to be heading off to this "once-in-a-lifetime" experience, that you have all warned will most likely be the first of many trips if I am so blessed.

Thank you.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,650 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanzania....here we come!

Good to hear it is now so near.

Last minute words of advice?

Just the usual ones.

Pack your sense of humour and a bagful of patience for those few times they are needed.

Leave behind all and every pre-concieved notions you harbour about "Africa" and that little red book entitled "This is how we do things in America!"

Keep your mind open and your purse closed!

Don't over pack with clothes, they do wash.

Bring home lots of good memories and leave behind many friends.

Safari Njema.

Somerville, New...
Level Contributor
866 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanzania....here we come!

Nothing to add Kathy...except...WOO HOO!!

Have a great time!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanzania....here we come!

Vaya con Dios!

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanzania....here we come!

I wish you and your daughter a wonderfull trip, looking forward to visiting

your blog.

carpe diem !

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanzania....here we come!

My only advice at this time would be to make certain you pack a good portion of good humor (you will need it) and patience. Don't pack any of your preconceived notions about Africa. Go with the flow of things. And don't try to fix things there, you won't; accept what is for what is.

Canada
Level Contributor
358 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanzania....here we come!

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tanzania....here we come!

Thank you all! I cannot believe our time is almost here. So many of you have been such a huge help in planning this trip, but most importantly, just reading everyone's posts has been a real learning experience!

Laughter, humor, patience, humility, respect, and an open mind - we have those in abundance.

8. Re: Tanzania....here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:17