We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arusha Park - photos

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Arusha Park - photos

I spent a Saturday while volunteering in Arusha National Park.

Here is the link to the review - which being me - is more like a trip report:

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g293747-d47…

And here is link to Photobucket photos. 2 folders - Arusha NP and then "flamingos". I have a nice video but it can't seem to upload. May have to use this as my first YouTube upload

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Mentioned in this post
Arusha National Park
Arusha National Park
200 Reviews
Tanzania
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arusha Park - photos

Very nice photos. I just love seeing a giraffe that is seated getting up quickly. Pretty amazing.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arusha Park - photos

Thanks so much! What a treat. So green and some really lovely photos. We didn't see any zebra when we were in Arusha National Park. Did you see any black and while colobus monkeys? Looks like a wonderful day. What a beautiful place. Such good memories -- thanks so much for bringing it all back. Can't wait to see more photos. What kind of camera did you have?

Mentioned in this post
Arusha National Park
Arusha National Park
200 Reviews
Tanzania
Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
952 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arusha Park - photos

WOW! I love your flamingo photos! Esp. the ones with the gorgeous green in the background. The other ones also. The whole park looked lovely. So gorgeously green and lush -- a definite "must visit" for me next time.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arusha Park - photos

wow... that is really lush! I had no idea it would be so hard to get pictures of flamingos with their heads up... looks like they are serious about eating!

thanks for sharing!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arusha Park - photos

Some of the green may have been "adjusted", my friends. I was tweaking on my laptop and I think the colour comes out differently dependig on machines - so, that emerald green - is just a little off. Pole.

Yep, those flamingos love to eat. However, I have a photo from Lake Ndutu and a little tale to go with it - with heads above. I wish I could get the video loaded. The sounds of the flamingos is a hoot - and it is constant while they are feeding.

No colobus monkeys, unfortunately - but we did have elephant as we were leaving the park. That was a first for my guide in about 2 years. He with the snazzy sunglasses in the pics.

Camera is the Canon bridge camera - Powershot SX30 IS.

6. Re: Arusha Park - photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:42