We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October A good Time for These Things

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
October A good Time for These Things

Just a question about weather in Tanzania in October. Thinking of doing the Safari of Serengeti and do trek up Kilimanjaro in Oct 2012.

Now is this an ok time to go? Regarding weather, would it be too hot? is this prime season and would i be seeing prime prices?

Thanks for all who reply

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October A good Time for These Things

Anytime is a good time to be there. Weather-wise there is little difference from one month to another (I've been there in all months) with the only difference in temperatures of about 10 degrees F at the most. You are only about 3 degrees off the equator so weather is the same almost all year round. The only weather differences is whether it is raining or not.

In October the one park which stands out is Tarangire, when it comes into it's prime at about this time of the year. It will typically have many elephants, buffalo, zebra, antelope, etc. along with predators. This is a park which should not be missed at this time of the year.

This is not High Season. There are times when prices go up and the most high season will be around Christmas time, with the summer months (for us) also being a high season.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,478 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October A good Time for These Things

Seasons/Prices:

Jan-Feb - peak

Mar - some prices may go down a bit

Apr-May - low

Jun-Oct - peak

Nov to mid-Dec - hi

mid-Dec to 2nd Jan - premium

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October A good Time for These Things

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293747-i9226-k4…

Here's a similar post.

"I may have asked this in the past.". Yep. The answers are much the same, though. The weather and prices don't change much.

4. Re: October A good Time for These Things

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:15