We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I?

Shingle Springs...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
How do I?

How do I start a file to put my trip ideas in or save my questions that I have asked and they have been answered? Trying to put everything in a place so I can find the info for our trips when I want.

Thanks in advance for your time.

I'm better with a 55 Chevy and a 6 pack of Bud!!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I?

Oh, you're so cute.

Do you have Microsoft Word? You can create a new folder and label it "Tanzania." Then, just copy and paste all links to websites, or even whole articles to individual files and save them to that folder.

On the other hand, you can find a 14-year-old boy who will be able to teach you how to do it. They pop out of the womb, these days, knowing how to accomplish amazing computer feats. :-)

If you need more detailed help, you can message me and I'll do my best to help. I'm not a 14-year-old boy, sadly, but I'm reasonably computer-savvy.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I?

By the way, can I have a beer?

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I?

Hi

Me too but please not Bud !!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,243 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I?

sandyleelee is spot on.

New Folder. Labelled.

All tickets and bookings in there. For links etc., just open a Word doc, give it a name, (how about "links"?) and then past them on the page. Make sure you know which is which. More names?

Small snippets, do the same. Cut and paste.

A couple of Kilis for me please.

(Anybody else notice how Achnab only pops up when free Beer is mentioned? Howdo Bwana !)

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I?

Hi Mfuwe

Howdy ! u know im just waiting for you to shout a round !!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,243 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I?

Happy to get them in next time in town.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I?

Lushes!!

I'm certainly not a 14 year old boy (X 5.3) but i can give you specific instructions for creating a file on your computer to keep your Tanzania documents.

I am assuming that you are using Windows. In the lower left hand corner you will see the Start Button (a round ball), right click on this and it will bring up a small menu of things to do. One will be Explore, click on that and it will bring up Windows Explorer. In Windows Explorer you will see various folders, click on Documents which will put you in the documents folder. We will put a sub folder in the Documents Folder for what we'll call Tanzania.

Now in the upper right corner of Windows Explorer you will see a tab labeled File, click on this File tab. This will bring up a menu of things to do, one of which will be New, place your cursor on New and it will bring up a list of things to do. You will see in the list of things to do one called Folder, move your cursor over to the Folder task and click on Folder. This will create a new sub folder under the Documents folder which initially will be named New Folder. Highlight the words New Folder by depressing the right side of your mouse, holding it down and waving the cursor over the words New Folder (unless the words are already highlighted). When highlighted then depress the Delete Key to remove the words New Folder, then making certain that the cursor is where the words New Folder once were, type in Tanzania and you will now have a folder in the Documents Folder which is labeled Tanzania, where you can keep all your information in this folder.

I'll have two buds please, and save a tee time for me.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,469 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I?

This is all great stuff and when you have your folder filled with all the things you need to keep, then get the 14 year old to help you move it to a memory stick to carry with you, load it onto your laptop, or whatever - if you are taking one with you; and you may want to back it up by putting it onto the WWW on a site like Skydrive by WindowsLive. This allows you to retrieve the info from anywhere in the world - but yes, you need an internet connection. I still email myself important documents and store them in a folder in my email program.

Keep this reference for when you are ready to travel and have to get all that useful stuff into something you can take with you.

A Kili - baridi tafadhali.

Shingle Springs...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I?

Thanks for all the help. So I owe a lot of beers and since we live in northern Calif. I might slip in a few bottles of wine. sandyleelee, at this age cute is not used to describe me.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I?

I'm a fan of a new website service called Clipix ( http://www.clipix.com/ ) -- makes it super easy to save web pages in folders. I have a few folders going now, two for my next 2 trips.