We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ndutu Wilderness Camp

Arizona
Level Contributor
207 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Ndutu Wilderness Camp

I'm currently booked for an 8 day safari in February. Right now I have 2 nights at Serengeti Sopa and one night at Ndutu Lodge. I recently tried to switch out a night at Sopa for another at Ndutu Lodge, but it's booked for February. I was told another option is Ndutu Wilderness Camp. Has anyone stayed here and would this be a good option to have 2 nights in Ndutu area? Or not worth it because of 3 nights at different places?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ndutu Wilderness Camp

I personally would change to two nights Ndutu over 2 nights at the Crater. Ndutu Wilderness Camp is great, a mobile tented camp that seasonally moves around the Serengeti. Of all three lodges/camps you mentioned it will be the best experience sleeping under canvas amongst the herds of the migration. Even if it means 3 nights at different places being in Ndutu in February will be the highlight of your safari. You could depart Ndutu Lodge in the morning, enjoy a full day of game drives in the area and then arrive at Wilderness Camp. As the crow flies the distance between the two is not great so you could even stop fo lunch at Wilderness Camp drop your bags off and head out again.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,335 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ndutu Wilderness Camp

I agree with Mindy. Sure it will be a move every night, but this is a short safari. You can manage it. I had a smaller bag holding just a day or two's worth of needs then every 3 or 4 days would take out my bigger bag for a re-sort. The little bag means less things to keep track of on a daily move.

Ndutu is the place to be.

Arizona
Level Contributor
207 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ndutu Wilderness Camp

Thanks for the advice. Luckily the camp still had openings so we're able to switch.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ndutu Wilderness Camp

Is Ndutu Wilderness Camp the same as Ndutu Wildlands Camp?

I am thinking they are not the same.

5. Re: Ndutu Wilderness Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 05:16