We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price Range of Tour Operators

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Topic
Price Range of Tour Operators

Dear All,

After quantitative research, I have come up with the following list of Tour Operators that I consider contacting for a trip in the Northern Circuit of Tanzania next year. However, I would appreciate some input as to whether these operators offer budget, mid-range or luxury tours (or a combination of those). The list is as follows;

Roy Safaris -

Good Earth Tours -

Duma Explorer -

Abercrombie and Kent -

Thomson Safaris -

Leopard Tours -

Access2Tanzania -

Warrior Trails -

andBeyond -

Africa Dream Safaris -

Basecamp Tanzania -

Hoopoe Adventure Tours -

Naipenda Safaris -

I hope asking for this input is not against any TA guidelines.

Thank you,

Remy

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price Range of Tour Operators

4, 5 & 9 are mostly top end safari operators and/or not Tanzanian owned. # 5 is rather controversial. The rest, from what I can see, are either moderate or budget safari operators.. 1, 2, 3, 7, 11, 12 get multiple good reviews on TA. 1, 2 & 11 gets many good reviews on here.

This doesn't break any TA guidelines, unless one of the safari operators comes on, especially in disguise, and tries to influence your decision.

Crane Lake...
Level Contributor
536 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price Range of Tour Operators

4, 5, 9 are expensive and can run you a $1000 pppd for lodging. but they are good but IMO not that good. I enjoy a Stoney Tangwizi soft drink not expensive wine. For half the price pppd one can go on a very comfortable safari. 1,2,7,11 get consistently good reviewes on this form. I have gone on safari with one OP in Feb 2012 and will go again with them in 2013 but you need to find one that meets your needs. Most handle a large price range for safari type trips.

Canada
Level Contributor
358 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price Range of Tour Operators

If you are looking at a private safari, most of the local Tanzanian operators on your list can offer anything from a budget to luxury safari depending on the accommodations you choose. They all provide a vehicle and driver/guide who are mostly all very good and all will take you to the same places to see the same animals. We went with one of the moderate/budget operators but chose higher end lodges and luxury camps. We had a fantastic guide and brand new vehicle, so our safari could not have been any better had we chosen to book with one of the more expensive operators for the exact same itinerary and accommodations.

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Price Range of Tour Operators

Thanks all for your advice!

I had checked whether these operators are listed on tatotz.org. I don't see a problem booking with non-local operators, given that they are affordable though.

I'll make sure to try out that Stoney Tangwizi ;)

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price Range of Tour Operators

TATOTZ.org is an organization like a chamber of commerce. Being a member of this does not insure anything, only that they had the membership fee.

I know many safari companies who are good which are not members of TATO, and they would have their own reasons for not being a member.

All those listed are licensed safari operators, and that's what is important. Some operate there without a license and you should not get these.

6. Re: Price Range of Tour Operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2013, 10:17