We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure Panorama safaris

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Adventure Panorama safaris

My partner and I are looking at doing a safari in February 2013 and was wondering if anyone has used Adventure Panorama safaris for the 7 day Arusha, Tarangire, Manyara, Ngorongoro and Serengeti tour?

The company is based in Nairobi but they run the above tour out of Arusha.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

Why not use a company based in Arusha- as this company will not do the safari but will sub-contract to a licensed Arusha based operator.

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

There are many reputable Safari Companies based in Arusha that you can contact, noexpert is right, those guys will sub-contract to a lincensed company in Arusha and might quote above the cost to secure the commission.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

Only licensed safari operators can take clients into the parks. Ask them if they have a Tanzania safari company license, and don't let them tell you that their sister company has the license for Tz.

4. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 April 2013, 12:16
Il Gzira, Malta
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

My boyfriend and I went for a one week safari with Adventure Panorama safaris. Nixon was a great organiser for us.... he tailored our trip according to our plans. We were after an adventurous and relaxing trip and on a tight budget :) And he made it happen for us. And the best thing is that we are still in contact - it was not just a business deal. It was very interesting that he managed to organise a voluntary experience in a school for young children in Kenya before we started our safari! Kenyan children were very very warm and made his experience unforgettable!!

I truly recommend Adventure Panorama safaris!!

Stephanie Darmanin (Malta)

Oslo, Norway
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

This is a bit late, I suppose you already went on your safari. Just wanted to let you know that I went with Adventure Panorama Safaris in 2011, for 3 weeks in Kenya AND Tanzania. I was very satisfied. Like Stephanie said, Nixon tailored our trip (noone else i contacted managed to do this like we wanted it) and they have different types of safaris and budgets. Nixon met us at the airport and he is very nice and professional. We also still keep in touch. So i would highly recommend them, even if you are only going to tanzania. the guys they work with in Tanzania are very good! Adventure Panorama Safaris knows east africa and the parks and what to see.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

I just went away with Panorama Safari Tours and they were AMAZING, highly recommend this company.

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

You have the wrong message board. This is for Tanzanian tour companies, not Kenyan owned and operated.

My advise is for travellers coming to East Africa to use a locally owned and operated Tanzanian company.

No need to use foreign owned companies who will only subcontract to local companies anyway with the added costs, read cut/profit margin added.

Mandaluyong
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

Some agencies sub-contract, some don't. Your advise is wrong since it is cheaper to book tanzania safaris and to go via kenya instead of booking directly in tanzania.

Tanzanians use jeeps and landcruiser but they have contract rates with kenya companies. Kenyans tend to be very good and open with clients and most of my friends told me the same. I booked with a Kenya company and did 7 days tanzania safari and when i compared the prices with those who booked directly, i realized they payed 30 usd more per person per day.

So either way, whether you book in kenya or tanzania, it all depends on who you book with. You are also free to shop around and get the best price. So dont be rigid with your friends.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adventure Panorama safaris

You must be licensed by TALA in order to take clients into the National Parks in Tz, most Kenyan safari operators are not.