We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

Brussels, Belgium
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

Hello,

I have been in contact for a few weeks with BaseCamp Tanzania - Achmed. Since a few days, he is not answering any of my emails. Tried to call them using the phone numbers of their website and no one answers. Do any of you have gotten emails from Achmed lately? Have you contacted them by phone?

Thanks!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
864 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

Had last email from Achmed dated Dec. 10.

Said he was very busy and would be back a.s.a.p.

He always comes through don't worry.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

I have heard from friends in Arusha and Moshi that there have been frequent, and long-lasting power, phone, and internet outages. Common for that area, and something we tend to not think about elsewhere.

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

That happened to us about a month or so ago when we were in the midst of booking with him as well. They have some intermittent internet access challenges. Be patient. He is reliable and will get back to you. Do keep sending your emails through as the previous ones may not have got through.

Ontario
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

I had an email from Achmed today.

He emailed from his laptop because they have been having power outages and he could not access his main computer.

I am sure you will hear from him soon.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

I have not heard from my TO either, which is unusual. Hopefully all is ok.

Lino Lakes...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

I too received an email from Achmed's laptop (not mail computer) said that were having power outages - wouldn't worry at all.

Tanzania
Level Contributor
516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

I wouldn't worry at all, Achmed is not a shady businessman and it is true about the power, one of my head offices is based in Arusha and we have been having major issues too. All will be fine, Basecamp is an excellent operation.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

Anybody heard from him recently? I sent him and email last week and haven't from Achmed.

El Paso, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
59 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

Send him another email. I have been going back and forth with him and last week he did not respond. I don't think the email went through because he responded right away the next time.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: BaseCamp Tanzania - info from Achmed

There could be many reasons why a Operator doesn't answer your email.

Too busy, on safari, internet problems ( not often I think but a good excuse) or maybe he just doesn't want to do the safari.