We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posting trip reports and photos

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Posting trip reports and photos

As I enjoy all of the great trip reports and photo journeys, I notice that they are posted on a number of different sites. I am wondering the best place to do this as I plan for my own trip. Do most of these sites used come with a membership and fee, or are they available to anyone? Are some more easily accessible to others to enjoy, or just need a link? Any guidance or suggestion would be appreciated. (As you can tell, I am a planner, and like to have everything in place before a trip so I can thoroughly enjoy the trip without sweating the little details-not to say that I don't make changes along the way, and go-with-the-flow, but at least have a structure in place.)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posting trip reports and photos

You could always post a report of your trip here (or at other forums such as Fodor's Africa Forum), citing the places you went, the things you saw, the operator(s) who helped you with the trip and any tips you learned that you'd like to share with others. Those types of information help others plan.

I like to use Picasa for a quick fix of images. It's free to download and very easy to use. When you feel images are optimized, you can upload with Picasa and you'll then have a link on Picasaweb that you can share with others. You can include the link in your report.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,085 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posting trip reports and photos

Are you thinking of doing a blog? Which is what some of the nice/fancy - and recent - reports are. I always think blogs, should be more infinite than a single trip - unless this is the start of something else for you. Blogger is supposed to be somewhat easy to use.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posting trip reports and photos

Have a look at http://wordpress.org/ I know there are others, I use Photobucket or flickr for photos, but they're not set up for a lot of text. All of these are free.

Ontario, CAN
Level Contributor
491 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posting trip reports and photos

For our travels I use blogger - for friends and family by invitation only - it's okay once you get the hang of it - a background in HTML would help! I believe the community here would appreciate a trip report posted here, particularly if you've done some posting on the forums and asked for advice! I will do so once we return from our trip in April...

5. Re: Posting trip reports and photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 05:18