We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

Dehradun, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
visa

can I get a visa on arrival at dar es salaam airport? I am an indian citizen planning for a holiday in tanzania. my husband is there in tanzania on a job

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa

Yes, you can get it on arrival in Dar.

Dehradun, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa

thank you

K B
Maputo, Mozambique
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa

do you know if that is possible for all nationalities? We´re german and italian....

thanks a lot!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa

With a very few exceptions most everyone can get a visa at the entry point to the country. The exceptions are some countries which are called referred countries, and these must get them in advance from Dar es Salaam immigration.

For the list of all 250+ countries and their visa requirements see this web site:

http://immigration.go.tz/module1.php?id=24

K B
Maputo, Mozambique
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa

cool, thanks a lot!

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa

Hi Karl...your replies have already been really helpful. But I'm just checking that we will be arriving from UK in November 2013. We will be able to get a visa on arrival at Dar Airport? Also what do you need i.e photograph etc . Many thanks Jay

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,658 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa

No photograhs, Just $50 per person and your Passport and the completed application form. (Download this from the High Commission site or use one in the Immigration Hall.)

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visa

Some key information in past posts I had forgotten so worth repeating for those who may have missed it

When we arrived at Kili we were seated in the middle of the plane. It unloaded from the front and the back and the race was on to the visa line. Needless to say we were close to the back of the line. It was hot and there were more line jumpers than I have seen in a long time. One visa officer was working the visa line and those who completed the process had to stand in another line to be processed. There were 6 officers stationed at those lines and two wandering supervisors. You can guess where the bottleneck was.Many of those in the line did not have the form filled out and did so at the wicket. The heat just increased the frustration levels and it was not a pretty sight. Eventually the visa officer called us over and just stamped the passport. It took about an hour and by the time we got through , all the bags had gone including mine. I

So....book a seat close to the front or back of the plane. Run...do not walk to the visa line. Beware of line jumpers. Have your form filled out ahead of time and have a crisp new 50$ bill handy. Good luck. TIA.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
373 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visa

When you say the bags had gone, where had they gone?

Mercer Island...
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visa

Why is the USA $100 when most countries are $50??