We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Company

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Safari Company

Hi, I am planning a trip to Tanzania for 2 and half weeks which would include a Kilimanjaro trek, a 4-5 day safari in Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti and 3 days in Zanzibar. I am deciding between 4 companies - Global Basecamps (basecamp Tanzania), Roy Safaris, Africa Travel Resource and Tanzania Journeys. Has anyone had any experiences with these companies?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,608 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Company

Welcome to TripAdvisor Sam. Many of us have used these companies and there are reports throughout these forums. There is a little green SEARCH box above. Type part if the name of a TO into it and read the results. This gets you started on people's feedback. Often people who go on safari don't stay on TA, so you may not get many immediate answers. Also, there are good tips to the right of the screen. I don't know the Kili climbing companies well, but you will have your life in their hands. Besure they are reputable.

When you find an itinerary you like, post it if you wish help or feedback.

Chicago
Level Contributor
448 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari Company

Quiltingmamma's advice is spot on. To add to your research, I traveled with Roy Safaris a few months ago and had a fantastic safari. Here's a link to my trip report: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293747-i9226-k609… Under my profile, you'll also find links to my reviews of places stayed and Roy Safaris.

3. Re: Safari Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2013, 11:58
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,608 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Company

Kiliguides, sneaking in some self promotion again?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari Company

You nailed it, QM

The trick with calling out these touts is not using their names in your reply... so when the orginal post is removed, your comment doesn't continue to "advertise" for the bad actor...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,608 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari Company

Thanks for the tip IAB. They were much less blatant than others.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,660 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari Company

Between the sneeky ones that try any which way they can and the OPW - one post wonders - is a full-time job. Anyone working out there at TA or do we have to notify you folks.

8. Re: Safari Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 05:17