We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzania Honeymoon adventure with Safari Infinity

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tanzania Honeymoon adventure with Safari Infinity

Its taken me a few months to get time to write on here about our incredible experience in Tanzania. But I finally made it, so here we go!.....

My husband and I got engaged May 2012 and we very quickly knew as part of our honeymoon we wanted to go on safari to see the Wildebeest migration. I spent a few months researching places and the kinds of things we wanted to do / see. I checked out various companies, got quotes from them all. We ended up choosing Safari Infinity and that choice right then and there was the best choice we could have made for our trip.

Lucia who runs Safari Infinity was incredible. Very honest, quick at responding to emails, had great suggestions and managed to plan the best holiday ever for us. She opted for a private tour for my husband and I, which was great as it meant we never had to do anything someone else wanted to do. It was all about us.

Our Tanzania trip consisted of 11 days Safari and 6 days in Zanzibar (2 days in Stonetown then 4 days on the beach at the end). We began on January 15th 2013.

We flew into Kiliminjaro, spent the night in Arusha then:

1 night Tarangire - Tarangire Kirurumu Tented Lodge

2 nights Lake Manyara - Lake Manyara Kirurumu

2 nights Centeral Serengetti - Kati Kati

3 nights Ndutu - Ang’ata Camps

1 night NgoroNgoro - Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge

1 night Ngorongoro - Ngorongoro Farmhouse

Zanzibar - 2 nights Zenji Hotel 4 nights Z hotel

Our guide Eric was AMAZING. He knew so much and was incredibly knowledgable about all things Safari. He worked very hard at finding us cool stuff to see. And boy - we saw far more than I ever would have imagined.

Our vehicle was a converted 8 seater Land Cruiser with ample room and space to change positions during the day if our legs needed a stretch.

Each place we stayed was great and staff at the camps were very accommodating.

We love taking photos and took over 10,000 photos on our journey. Eric was very happy to give us as much time as we wanted whilst game viewing. We got along very well with him, which is important when you spend that much time together in a small space.

At the end of our Safari, we met up with Lucia and Simon who own the company. They made time to come have a drink with us and hear our stories. They are awesome people and a great mix to run a company with Simon being a guide of many years experience and Lucia who runs a the admin side with care and enthusiasm.

The only bad thing about the whole trip was that it had to end! I wish we were still there, taking photos, spotting leopards up trees or cheetahs eating their prey or lions hunting buffalo.

BEST TIME EVER!!!

Thanks Safari Infinity

xx

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanzania Honeymoon adventure with Safari Infinity

Great report, glad to see you had an excellent trip. Gives those of us who have yet to go on safari in Tanzania for the first time so much to look forward to.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanzania Honeymoon adventure with Safari Infinity

Hi there,

I'm interested to hear what you thought at The Z Hotel in Tanzania? I'm a 37yr old female travelling with two fellow single females and were thinking of staying at Z. Is it full of honeymooners? No offence to honeymooners of course ;-)

thanks,

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanzania Honeymoon adventure with Safari Infinity

Hey!

Yes I would say it is full of honeymooners. (Was when we were there). And my husband got food poisoning. Location to the beach is awesome and the infinity pool is cool (but small). I think you'd be better off trying to find somewhere else. There seemed to be a cool place down a little from there with a huge pool.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanzania Honeymoon adventure with Safari Infinity

Oh cool thanks - you don't recall the name of the other place to you?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanzania Honeymoon adventure with Safari Infinity

I think it was the Hilton or Gold Zanzibar

6. Re: Tanzania Honeymoon adventure with Safari Infinity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 07:18