We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many blank pages in passport?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
How many blank pages in passport?

I'm heading to Africa this summer....I'm flying into Zambia, then travelling through Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda, and may possibly enter into Zimbabwe and/or Malawi.

I have 9 blank pages left in my passport at the moment and am wondering if anyone knows if this will be enough? It appears that I may need 2 blank pages to enter into some countries, but there is little definitive information that I can find about other countries. Has anyone travelled a similar route that can advise me?

Thanks!!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,603 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many blank pages in passport?

"They" like to see two blank pages but that of course will be towards the end of your odyssey.

Hard to be specific but most Immigration places now have "sticker" type visas which they fix on one page on entry. Then this is'cancelled' with your exit stamp. Assuming all six places do this then you need seven pages. As it happens sometimes "they" have run out of stickers and will simply stamp your Passport and overstamp on exit. some immigration officers will use the same page as other visas. It is as random as that.

Sometimes they seem to be on some form of incentive scheme from DelaRue to use up your passport as fast as they can.

Nine pages will be enough. If obtaining Visas on entry just talk nice to the man in the booth and you will be fine. They are not Ogres. Often more friendly than your own Border force.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How many blank pages in passport?

Hi

I thought it was, most countrys demand you have at least six months before expiry too.

3. Re: How many blank pages in passport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 07:18