We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full payment for Safari trip

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Full payment for Safari trip

Hi All,

I had a question on payment for the safari trip that we will be taking in July. We are using Easy Travels. Have already wired a bank transfer for 30% of the total amount to confirm the trip. We have been told to pay the remaining amount 3 weeks prior to arrival as a bank transfer or bring it in as cash payment or pay by credit card which amount to over a thousand dollars in fees!

We don't know what to do...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. All the options don't seem very good to me. Is this the standard procedure?

Bencia Africa
Safaris, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wakawaka Adventures
Hiking & Camping Tours, Eco Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wild Root Safaris and Adventures
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Hiking & Camping Tours
Aardvark Safaris
Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full payment for Safari trip

Yes this is standard procedure. Numerous recent posts about this.

One should always understand payment methods prior to booking to ensure that there are no surprises at the end. Africa is not a nation with cheap credit card options, as it costs the business a lot of money per transaction to even offer it, so that charge goes back to the client. Either of the other options are standard. You have to decide which you can live with.

I don't know Easy Travel, but if they have indeed worked there for 25years, and they have 89 reviews on TA, then it might be okay to wire the full amount rather than carry around the cash.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full payment for Safari trip

Agree with QM.

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full payment for Safari trip

Thanks! I feel a bit more easy now. May just wire the rest.

nyc
Level Contributor
15,090 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Full payment for Safari trip

Wire the balance.

Most outfitters require full-payment within 60/days of arrival.

So you made your deposit and now the balance is due... the wiring is easiest.

5. Re: Full payment for Safari trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:17