We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update and partial trip report

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Update and partial trip report

Sorry if anyone has been trying to contact me or ask questions. I found out that none of my accommodations have Internet, so I begged Gibbs Farm to use their wireless. I am having a great time. For details of my last few days, see my blog at sciguy250@blogspot.com. Sorry no pictures yet. I will do my best to give more installment when I can. I now understand the wise person who counseled, " you will go to Tanzania for the wildlife, but will return for the people."

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update and partial trip report

Sciguy. That was Karl but often repeated by me. Glad you are having a good time.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,226 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update and partial trip report

Good to hear from you Sciguy. Hope it continues good. The hardest bit is the Immigration desk out bound and you realise it is over (for now).

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update and partial trip report

There is an error in the blog link above.

http://sciguy250.blogspot.ca/

Or end it in .com either one works

Edited: 09 June 2013, 00:56
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update and partial trip report

:-)

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,959 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Update and partial trip report

Hi

Pity you didn't get to Lolkisale after so much planning.

Glad the trip is going well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update and partial trip report

I've been checking your blog every few days, keep it up and fingers crossed for pictures. :)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,226 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update and partial trip report

Keep it coming Sciguy. Sharing the journey with you is next best thing to being there.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update and partial trip report

Are you making plans to go back yet? Yeah, that's what I typically say (probably because it's what keeps me coming back).

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update and partial trip report

QM- thanks for fixing the address. I have just added the next 3 days including Tarangire, Manyara, and Eyasi. I am having a fantastic time both with wildlife, and the people of Tanzania. I even enjoy just when the car stops and the sellers appear- just chatting with them. The visit to the Hadzabe was great-a totally different impression from some who visit and are disgusted-different expectations, I suppose. I have totally decided that tented camps are the way to go for me-I am not comfortable in the fancy lodges(except for a chance to do laundry or use the Internet). This will be my last installment for about 4 days as 8 am headed to the Serengeti an more tented camps tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes. Bye for now.

Delaware
Level Contributor
438 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update and partial trip report

Really enjoying your blog - it sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear more and see pictures, too :)