We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Companies

Rockwall
3 posts
Save Topic
Safari Companies

I was wondering if anyone has used Proud African Safari tour company.

Any and all comments would be appreciated.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Companies

If you are really thinking of using this company..please let us have the itinerary, costs, where you found them. There are 200 + companies out there and I have heard of most of them but not this one.

2. Re: Safari Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 15:51
Rockwall
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari Companies

My daughter found this tour company. They were happy to answer all our questions and emailed our itinerary, then changed it for us many times. Its for 11 days for just 2 people, and we went to stay in some of the tents. One of the reason i liked this company was that we were not driving for 2- 4 hours to get to the next location.They have bush fligths from Mt. Kilimanjaro to Arusha to the Serengeti.The cost was $8900.00

per person. We are still gathering information. If you have any other tour company please let me know.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Companies

There are reviews about this company in the Tanzania forums. Ifnyou type in Proud African in the Search box above this post there are a few glowing reports about this company. Suellen, we who are often here, call these One Post Wonders and always question whether the poster was 'convinced' by the company to post here. This is against TA rules, bur happens.

This company is not in Tanzania so will have to contract out your safari to a local Tanzanian operator. If budget matters, you may get a better price from a local Tour Operator. On the right of this screen are a list of Top Questions. Fifth one down gives you some recommendations of recommended TOs but there are dozens more who are reputable and not listed.

You might want to define what is important to you for safari. This cost is quite high, but might be due to flights which might be charter flights. Know that some airports can be problematic due to fog and may not be practical options. It makes sense for some to drive West from Arusha stopping at the parks and enjoying the village sights and game drives experienced between parks as this allows you to have the same driver the whole time and get to know him. Then, once you finished the progress West, fly back to Arusha, Dar or Zanzibar from Serengeti or Mwanza. This saves a day or two.

Remember that you will still have to arrive early, fly and all the checkin activities for your hops, which means you don't really save time and can actually waste a lot of time backtraking between airport and park. You can't get bush flights into all the parks, and some airstrips are not in an advanticious location so you end up driving to get from a to b anyway.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari Companies

Without knowing what accomodation you have been offered I think the cost is way to high and would look for a local Tour Operator.

Proud Africa Safaris will subcontract to them in any event so you may as well cut out the middle man/women.

I would follow the advise of the previous poster and look to the top questions on the right and email about 5 or more loacl operators and see what price and suggestions they have.

6. Re: Safari Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 07:18